BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

BMW performance Power KIT

Hi there,

I know N47 motor is not used in US but what about Performance power kit at N55 motors….anyone made this mod?

I’m thinking to do this in my N47 120d and would like to have some feedback of users that made this “mod” in the N55 motors…

anyone?

Costs: 1.400,00 € (special 23% discount)

Includes:

New engine unit
bigger IC
powerful fan (600W)

new torque converter (for auto gear box as mine)

Original Torque converter :

performance Torque converter coupled to the motor:

automatic gear out:

what you say??

thanks,

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

I think most people would agree that the power gains are not worth the price especially when there are so many good cheaper aftermarket tunes.

It is nice that the BMW power kit keeps your warranty, but if you find the right aftermarket tune which can be removed before service, you shouldnt have any problems with warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
I think most people would agree that the power gains are not worth the price especially when there are so many good cheaper aftermarket tunes.

It is nice that the BMW power kit keeps your warranty, but if you find the right aftermarket tune which can be removed before service, you shouldnt have any problems with warranty.
thanks,
yes I know that but my car is already almost 4 years and this motor N47 is facing some problems due to motor distribution chain (some are braking!!) if I have a problem and my car is remaped / tuned BMW will be out for any warranty support.

Also the fact of being 23% off and torque converter included for automatic gear box is making my mind…

So you guys in US don’t adopt this performance power kit…for 135i…nobody?

Appreciate 0