BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
1swift1
I pass gas for a living.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

1M on track: Threw some codes: 2C3A and 2C39

I'm not sure anyone has had these codes show up or not, but wanted to put it out there for forum input. (Yes, did a search.)

Was on the track at Thunderhill, driving aggressively, but not hitting rev limiter. The two codes appeared on my P3cars ODBII boost gauge (that has other functions besides analog boost) after my second run. No check engine light. Engine ran normally, and I finished the track day and drove home without issue.

Only other mod besides boost gauge is Berk Midpipes.

Can't think of a reason why either of these mods created the codes, which are interpreted as:
2C39 LSU dynamic too slow
2C3A LSU dynamic too slow bank2

Spoke to Bryan at Berk technologies, he said: codes related to the primary O2 sensors located in the downpipes. That would be the forward most sensors, closest to the turbochargers. It is not related to the midpipe/catback portion of the exhaust as everything is happening up closer to the motor. There are no sensors on the exhaust system after the downpipes.

This makes sense to me.

So, I cleared the codes (using the P3 cars boost gauge), and have been driving all day without another code showing up. Engine still behaving normally.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
These cars tend to have random errors pop up sometimes. As long as you clear it and they don't come up again it should be fine.

If it comes up again then take it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO, V60 Polestar '24

Had the same thing happen at the track with the 135i, cleaned them once never saw them again.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Im thinking of getting downpipes but is adding downpipes (catted) prone to these thing popping up every now and then ?
Appreciate 0