BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Carpet coming lose... Warranty issue?

a few days ago, started to notice this. happens only on the passenger side. Driver side carpet is quite tight. Please look at attached pictures. I took it to the dealership yesterday and the service adviser said he hadn't seen anything like this before. He called in a BMW rep and left a VM. But he still hasn't confirmed it. What do you guys think? For now I have an appointment for July 16th. He said the entire carpet might have to get replaced (meaning they will take out seats etc. and I won't have my car for a week or two). Of course I'll be getting a loaner. But still...
Your thoughts???

Sorry about the iphone pictures...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

Looks terrible. Get it fixed under warranty. No big deal to remove a seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Anvil
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 128i Coupe

I had a similar carpet issue that was covered by the dealer under warranty. It was replaced in on day once the dealer had the part. He reported that BMWUSA does not stock many carpets so unless you like driving a loaner, ask the dealer to order the part and call you when it is received.[ they can overnight the delivery if the stock in country.]

See thread attcahed.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670161
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Thank you for the replies. I'm glad that its covered under warranty. I would have hated to pay to get this fixed
I really don't mind driving a loaner. As long as the work is done right, I don't mind how long it takes
Appreciate 0