BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #155
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey guys Ive replied to every-ones PMs hope to hear back from you guys soon..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #156
Andrew@LutzPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 GT35R

2nd Batch is really starting to warm up! Pick yours up today! Email Parts@lutzperfauto.net to learn how to reserve yours today before they are gone!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #157
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep

Hello guys, I will be contacting everyone who is in the 2nd batch so we can start working on the balances, so that as soon a they FMIC are received they can be shipped out to you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #158
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego@Lutzperformance View Post
Hello guys, I will be contacting everyone who is in the 2nd batch so we can start working on the balances, so that as soon a they FMIC are received they can be shipped out to you guys.
Sounds good!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #159
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep

Guys...only a few left on batch number 2, dont be the one to miss out and have to wait till batch #3.

Special St. Pattys offers for anyone that contact contacts me via PM tonight only!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #160
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep

How close are we to shipment on the 2nd Batch? Can't wait to get it installed!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #161
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Ok my brother and I "attempted" to install the HPF FMIC yesterday....unsuccessfully for now...a few things of note:

1. The FMIC will NOT fit without extensive cutting on the PERFORMANCE BUMPER (something NOT mentioned, even after my asking.) The reason for this is that the underbody panels and the inside of the front bumper is/has completely different "routing" of the plastic that forms it.

2. I think the install video needs to be modified to reflect EXACTLY where you need to cut to make it fit properly for us DIY'ers out there...

3. More to come IF we get it to fit...

Needless to say I am NOT a happy-camper right now....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #162
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Ok my brother and I "attempted" to install the HPF FMIC yesterday....unsuccessfully for now...a few things of note:

1. The FMIC will NOT fit without extensive cutting on the PERFORMANCE BUMPER (something NOT mentioned, even after my asking.) The reason for this is that the underbody panels and the inside of the front bumper is/has completely different "routing" of the plastic that forms it.

2. I think the install video needs to be modified to reflect EXACTLY where you need to cut to make it fit properly for us DIY'ers out there...

3. More to come IF we get it to fit...

Needless to say I am NOT a happy-camper right now....
pm sent
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #163
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Just to be perfectly clear: My issues stem from the PERFORMANCE BUMPER. Those of you with the stock bumper should NOT have any issues!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #164
twenzel
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 Audi S3

Quote:
Just to be perfectly clear: My issues stem from the PERFORMANCE BUMPER. Those of you with the stock bumper should NOT have any issues!
Thats no good man, but that is not something HPF or Lutz could have foreseen. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #165
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
adrean8J
hope your issues get resolved quickly, sorry to hear.
      03-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #166
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenzel View Post
Thats no good man, but that is not something HPF or Lutz could have foreseen. Good luck!
I asked BEFORE purchasing if it would fit the Performance bumper and was told yes.....that is not foresight? This is not a bumper from an aftermarket company...it is an OEM part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineo77 View Post
adrean8J
hope your issues get resolved quickly, sorry to hear.
Yeah well...they did not get resolved today. Proceeded to cut more from the inner bumper to fit the FMIC....Once the necessary cutting was finished we fit the FMIC in there....and then ran into another problem: The side-mount holes do not line up and the FMIC is as far forward as possible..sigh....The lower bracket holes line up after a bit of wrestling...I WILL definitely be making some phone calls tomorrow...it would be even better if the vendor called me(he has my number/email) because needless to say I am piiiiissssssssssed right now.

*Sidenote: the midpipes (Maddad) went on fine If they hadn't then I think I would have probably hurt someone this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #167
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep

Quote:
I asked BEFORE purchasing if it would fit the Performance bumper and was told yes.....that is not foresight? This is not a bumper from an aftermarket company...it is an OEM part.

Yeah well...they did not get resolved today. Proceeded to cut more from the inner bumper to fit the FMIC....Once the necessary cutting was finished we fit the FMIC in there....and then ran into another problem: The side-mount holes do not line up and the FMIC is as far forward as possible..sigh....The lower bracket holes line up after a bit of wrestling...I WILL definitely be making some phone calls tomorrow...it would be even better if the vendor called me(he has my number/email) because needless to say I am piiiiissssssssssed right now.

*Sidenote: the midpipes (Maddad) went on fine If they hadn't then I think I would have probably hurt someone this weekend.
I'm sorry to hear your having issues, we installed this on a 1Series with a Performance bumper an we ran into no issues.
Please take pictures of the fitment issues so that we can address them without any problems, I apologize for not getting on the thread earlier to speak with you, we were out of the city.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #168
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego@Lutzperformance View Post
I'm sorry to hear your having issues, we installed this on a 1Series with a Performance bumper an we ran into no issues.
Please take pictures of the fitment issues so that we can address them without any problems, I apologize for not getting on the thread earlier to speak with you, we were out of the city.
No issues?....LOL...after this weekend all I can do is laugh...LOL.

1. First look at #4. You have to cut a considerable portion from this piece, yet still retain the connection points for the rest of the undercarriage cover.

2. Then look at the picture below, taken from inside behind the Performance bumper...You have to cut the piece inside of the oval as well as the horizontal bar that is connected to it (already cut out in the picture) This will allow the IC to slide up and into the space left over. The problem is that is still does not line up with the stock position side screws/bolts (whatever they are called).

There is no way possible a 135i Performance bumper fit a HPF FMIC in there with little to no modification....I just don't believe it. I have a serious amount of mods currently on my car and the only ones I did not install were the suspension and mounting the wheels on the tires. According to the video it should be as simple as removing the old one(which is easy as pie) and then cutting a SMALL section and simply sliding the new one in place using the same bolts that secured the old one, then using the provided brackets to secure it even further. Trust me it has not been that simple the last two days.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #169
kirby135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

just curious...is this the same with any aftermarket FMIC with perf bumper?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #170
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby135i View Post
just curious...is this the same with any aftermarket FMIC with perf bumper?
I really dont know Kirby...but I have full confidence that myself and Diego/Andrew will get it sorted out.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #171
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 530i

Quote:
No issues?....LOL...after this weekend all I can do is laugh...LOL.

1. First look at #4. You have to cut a considerable portion from this piece, yet still retain the connection points for the rest of the undercarriage cover.

2. Then look at the picture below, taken from inside behind the Performance bumper...You have to cut the piece inside of the oval as well as the horizontal bar that is connected to it (already cut out in the picture) This will allow the IC to slide up and into the space left over. The problem is that is still does not line up with the stock position side screws/bolts (whatever they are called).

There is no way possible a 135i Performance bumper fit a HPF FMIC in there with little to no modification....I just don't believe it. I have a serious amount of mods currently on my car and the only ones I did not install were the suspension and mounting the wheels on the tires. According to the video it should be as simple as removing the old one(which is easy as pie) and then cutting a SMALL section and simply sliding the new one in place using the same bolts that secured the old one, then using the provided brackets to secure it even further. Trust me it has not been that simple the last two days.
I greatly apologize for the hassle you're having with fitment on your bumper. We did not test fit this the HPF intercooler to see if it would work on a 135i with the "performance" bumper. We only made sure it would work with the standard bumper on the 135i. Please call us as we'd like to talk with you about this and if there is a way to still get it to fit or to get you a full refund. If you could email pictures to our tech support at chrisk@horsepowerfreaks.com, or call us directly at 503-256-5600.

Sorry for the hassle.
Chris.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #172
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Sorry to hear about the headache Adrean8J.

After all that BS and time lost, I hope you get more than a refund.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #173
Andrew@LutzPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 GT35R

[QUOTE=adrean8j;6965807]I really dont know Kirby...but I have full confidence that myself and Diego/Andrew will get it sorted out.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your patients and understanding, we will work with you and HPF to quickly correct the issue at hand. If you need anything please reach me at 813-949-3540 Ext 101.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #174
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep

Hey guys, just wanted to share a picture of one of the FMIC anodizel black with the HPF stencil.

*Gerardo congrats on such a nice piece
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #175
Luvmybmw
One Fast 1
United_States
Rep

When do you think the 2nd batch will be ready for shipment?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #176
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep

As per HPF shipping will be next week
Appreciate 0