BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

18" or 17" NON-RFTs

Anyone near NYC have NON RFT's on their 135i? Either summer or all-seasons? I am on the fence about this (b/c I paid for tire/wheel warranty) but I'm getting so sick of the harsh ride?

If you have some time one night after week, or on the weekend, can I come check out your car? Would be a big help....

PM me if possible. I live in Staten Island, and work in Jersey City.... Thanks for helping a fellow 1er....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
bimmer billy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red BMW 135

I have the wheel/tire protection package as well. Long story short I got a pair of performance rims w/ non RFT tires from a guy who totaled his 1er, some of you may remember the tread where some guy hit a telephone pole in blue water 1, those are the rims and tires I got.

one of the tire had a gauge in it from when he hit the curb, but was still holding air and was ok to drive on it for a day or two so I mounted the tires.

Before I mounted everything I wanted to make sure that the rims and tires will still be covered by the protection package, which they were. The only hic up was that the tires that were on the performance rims were some weird type of potenzzas that BMW doesnt put on their cars, sooo what I had to do was order the replacement tire myself bring it into BMW and they mounted and balanced everything for free and they sent me a reinbursment for the tire I had order. As far the rims go aslong as it is a BMW made rim it will covered and all tires will be covered, but like I said depending what kind of tires they are you may need to order a replacement your self.

hope this helps.....BTW difference between RFT and non RFT is night and day get rid of those run craps!

2008 Sedona Red 135i, JB3, Injen intake, 35% tint, Performance Rims, Performance Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, Boston Leather, Glacier Aluminum, iPod/USB, Sports Package w/ shifters,
Premium Package, Heated Seats, Xenon's.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
bimmer billy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red BMW 135

PM me if you wana check out the whip, I live by exit 136 on the GSP.

2008 Sedona Red 135i, JB3, Injen intake, 35% tint, Performance Rims, Performance Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, Boston Leather, Glacier Aluminum, iPod/USB, Sports Package w/ shifters,
Premium Package, Heated Seats, Xenon's.
Appreciate 0