BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
BlackFlash
poseur (for now)
Canada
Rep
Drives: a piece-o-crap

With regards to the original story, they pointed out on the news that there is a broad dip in the part of Finch leading to where the van was attempting a turn such that the oncoming cars briefly go out of view. Generally not a problem, but when the oncoming car was going 200km/h the people in the van had no idea it was coming
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
peattij
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i LeMans Blue

This accident is a disgrace.

One of my colleagues in Toronto's Mother was in the back of the Odyssey. This family's life has been changed forever, as she is now lost.

Meanwhile, some idiot who was obviousely drunk and driving with no recourse for others causes 3 families the type of pain and suffering they will feel.

It is enough to make me sick to my stomach..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #25
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Whether you decline or not I'm pretty sure they take a blood or urine sample and do a toxicology workup afterwards, no? If they're going to charge you?

And if you refuse a breathalyzer, then I think they're allowed to take you into custody and can get a warrant issued to take one. Either way it doesn't matter, he's going down one way or another.

Such a shame that people still behave this way. If you want to drive 200km/h, go ahead and do it. But do it somewhere that the safety of the people and property around you isn't in any danger, like a controlled environment at a race track. Residential streets are no place for this kind of behaviour. It's tragic that he survived and innocent bystanders had to die. Irony in every sense of the word.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #26
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
Whether you decline or not I'm pretty sure they take a blood or urine sample and do a toxicology workup afterwards, no? If they're going to charge you?

And if you refuse a breathalyzer, then I think they're allowed to take you into custody and can get a warrant issued to take one. Either way it doesn't matter, he's going down one way or another.

Such a shame that people still behave this way. If you want to drive 200km/h, go ahead and do it. But do it somewhere that the safety of the people and property around you isn't in any danger, like a controlled environment at a race track. Residential streets are no place for this kind of behaviour. It's tragic that he survived and innocent bystanders had to die. Irony in every sense of the word.
You can decline a breathalyzer, but the assumption of guilt automatically follows.
Appreciate 0