BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2010, 03:16 AM   #23
Gnatty
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '98 P38 Range Rover

Another thing to add to the first post, if you have a UHF radio (walkie talkies), handheld or otherwise, please bring it. Makes it much easier to coordinate. For those of you with an extra one, it would be appreciated if you could bring them as well to loan to those who don't have one.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #24
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
THINGS TO BRING
3. Money for lunch and maybe some light beer
DAMN YOU!!

Quote:
I have updated the first post with further info. If no one has any objections on the drive routes mentioned above, Suj, Alex and I will meet up one day and decide on the final route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Sounds good - have to be a weekend imo.
I'm good for pretty much anything after tomorrow. Weekend is best, but I think Jeef can only meet after 17th or something? So it will have to be in a couple of weeks time.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 03:57 AM   #25
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
Will be there if I am in town ......
      11-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnatty View Post
Another thing to add to the first post, if you have a UHF radio (walkie talkies), handheld or otherwise, please bring it. Makes it much easier to coordinate. For those of you with an extra one, it would be appreciated if you could bring them as well to loan to those who don't have one.
Yes these are always extremely useful when we get separated (which tends to happen with large groups). Also, great for the guys at the front to warn those at the back of upcoming hazards!

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black

Last edited by Jeef Beef; 11-18-2010 at 02:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #27
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

The guys over at e90post are pounding us with the number of people attending...surely there are more of you guys here in Sydney?!

Sina, I'm looking in your direction

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #28
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

Quote:
The guys over at e90post are pounding us with the number of people attending...surely there are more of you guys here in Sydney?!

Sina, I'm looking in your direction
E90s are building up slowly but surely!! Let's see how many come on the day though. Pray for good weather.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #29
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

lol Jeff, there's no BMWs left in the garage anymore mister... do you guys mind if i tag along at the back of the pack in a R36? It'll add to the monochrome effect
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #30
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
lol Jeff, there's no BMWs left in the garage anymore mister... do you guys mind if i tag along at the back of the pack in a R36? It'll add to the monochrome effect
In that case, can I bring the Playdo. 135 will probably be broken by then!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=449002&page=3

Last edited by banglemangle; 11-11-2010 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: banglebungle
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #31
BMWnewby3
Rep
Drives: BMW 123D

Hey guys... bugger I'll be in Melbourne - Have had my car for 6 months now and have not even been out to the meet and cruise day. Next time hey. Have fun guys! :thumbs up:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #32
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by banglemangle View Post
In that case, can I bring the Playdo. 135 will probably be broken by then!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=449002&page=3
HAHA let's keep this a strictly roundel affair shall we? Unless you don't mind being the camera car Sina

And I'm also sure the manglyone can make it. Don't jinx yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWnewby3 View Post
Hey guys... bugger I'll be in Melbourne - Have had my car for 6 months now and have not even been out to the meet and cruise day. Next time hey. Have fun guys! :thumbs up:
Shame, we could've done with more diesel representation.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #33
typhoon187
Rep
Drives: 2011 n55 135i,2005 FPV Typhoon

I'm OUT!!!

Regretfully, i have had to pull out of the upcoming drive day. The long arm of the law has caught up with me and slapped me with an $1800+ fine and '6' month licence suspension...

Damn you Adrian, i had only had the N55 tune for three days!!!!!

Just opened her up for 300m to see what she could do on the M5 and they were just waiting for me!!!

So I guess the only thing to do is accept my fate, has anybody contested a speeding fine before???? Any information that might help would be great!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon187 View Post
has anybody contested a speeding fine before???? Any information that might help would be great!!!!
sorry to hear but i hope you liked the tune at least!

my wife got a speeding ticket for doing 96 in the lane cove tunnel (80 zone, she came off the m2 so thought it was still 100) but got her points back after we applied for leniency. the page you want is here, essentially:

1) must have been driving for 10 years
2) no previous demerit point offences
3) offence must not be serious

not sure about 1 and 2 for you, but i think point #3 will trip you up. it counts as a serious offence if you were more than 30k over the limit, and judging by your 6 month suspension i think i'd be correct in assuming that...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #35
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Regretfully, i have had to pull out of the upcoming drive day. The long arm of the law has caught up with me and slapped me with an $1800+ fine and '6' month licence suspension...

Just opened her up for 300m to see what she could do on the M5 and they were just waiting for me!!!

So I guess the only thing to do is accept my fate, has anybody contested a speeding fine before???? Any information that might help would be great!!!!

This will assist you: http://www.sdro.nsw.gov.au/lib/docs/misc/br_001.pdf

However, considering a $1800 fine and a 6 month suspension, i'm guessing you were 30km/h+ over, which means you are unable to review.

ie: Section 2.0 of the review doc which i linked..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #36
typhoon187
Rep
Drives: 2011 n55 135i,2005 FPV Typhoon

thanks Gents

Yes....

I was a very naughty boy,

130km in an 80km zone...

In Adrians defence , he has offered to take me with him to the drive day, but im not sure if i can handle being a passenger .......

I guess i will have more time to ponder my next mods!!!!
Wash the car less frequently!!!!
Maybe one of you gents might want to swing by and take me and my car for a spin ????
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #37
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes....

130km in an 80km zone...

In Adrians defence , he has offered to take me with him to the drive day, but im not sure if i can handle being a passenger .......

Maybe one of you gents might want to swing by and take me and my car for a spin ????
Yikes, 130kph... not a bad effort!! Haha, but... oh yeah, suspension. Damn, sorry to hear Elias. These Beemers sure know how to tempt our right foot huh

I'm sure the missus won't mind driving it for another drive day though if not, send me a pm and I will willingly be your driver for a whole day (or for a few minutes around the block lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef
Unless you don't mind being the camera car Sina
Hmm, that's a pretty good offer... I'll get back to you on that one Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #38
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:

You'd be looking to go to court and requesting a Section 10 dismissal under the Crimes (Sentencing and Procedure) Act 1999. This section outlines the following considerations for the magistrate to take into account when determining whether you should be fully dismissed for all relevant offences:

(a) the person’s character, antecedents, age, health and mental condition,
(b) the trivial nature of the offence,
(c) the extenuating circumstances in which the offence was committed, and
(d) any other matter that the court thinks proper to consider.

In terms of (a)
  • You should obtain some character references from an employer, JP or other trusted profession. These should paint a positive light of you to the magistrate
  • Age - being a middle aged main is advantageous in the court room. You are not a young dissident. If you have kids and a spouse, these should also be brought up - it tends to suggest a stable, safe lifestyle
  • Health - irrelevant in speeding offences
  • Mental condition - unless you're insane and didn't know you were speeding, again irrelevant

In terms of (b)
Others have suggested that going 130km in an 80 zone does not fall into the definition of 'trivial', however, according to common law precedent in Walder v Hensler, the court is willing to accept cases where the offence is technical and there is no real risk of damage or injury resulting from your 'dangerous' driving. I believe your short squirt on the M5 falls into this category.

Also, R v Nguyen places a STRONG emphasis for letting first time offenders off as a way of maintaining the reputation of a good character. You DEFINITELY should argue this point very vehemently if this is your first serious traffic offence. Being middle aged with a family or a spouse suggests that you are of a sound character and deserving to maintain a good reputation. Years of excellent civil service and clean criminal records DO count for something here. Again, your character references will be paramount to supporting the fact that you have an exemplary reputation that should not be tainted by a speeding offence such as this.

In terms of (c)
Again, the conditions in which you had a burst of speed can be considered by the judge. Say how you weren't watching your speed, lack of traffic made you lose sense of how fast you were going etc. Even mentioning that you had loud music at the time will help the judge understand your lapse in judgement.

In terms of (d)
I'm assuming you've had no previous serious traffic infringements or a criminal record - this is a very important point that must be brought to the judge's attention. You want to demonstrate that what you did was severely out of character and a momentary lapse of your otherwise law obliging lifestyle.

Hopefully my limited legal knowledge is helpful in some way, but my advice is to hire a traffic lawyer (they're about $500 for local court appearances) and fight this bitch in court. You can EASILY reduce your 6 month suspension. I am willing to bet that you will get maximum ONE month at most.

Quote:
Yes....

130km in an 80km zone...

Get someone to drive you in your car on the day

Last edited by Jeef Beef; 11-15-2010 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #39
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

ps: are you sure they were exactly 300m from the entry (assuming) before they pinged you? If you think it was less, refer to this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=723106 (he's a lawyer and ended up getting a reasonable exemption)
Let us know how you go.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #40
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep

Come on 1ers, get your act together!! We're up to potentially 19 E9Xs. Even allowing for no-shows, it should be an awesome meet.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #41
2bob
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW white135

Guys cant make it for the run .Have been invited to Blues Beach for a long weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #42
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

Quote:
Hopefully my limited legal knowledge is helpful in some way, but my advice is to hire a traffic lawyer (they're about $500 for local court appearances) and fight this bitch in court. You can EASILY reduce your 6 month suspension. I am willing to bet that you will get maximum ONE month at most.
I don't know about NSW, but in Victoria, the judge has NO ability to vary the length of the suspension, they can only change the size of the fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #43
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Guys, the DRIVE ROUTE, MEET LOCATION and TIMES have been sent to you all via Private Message. Please check for details.

Also, please refrain from revealing the specifics on the forum where the general public can see.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #44
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sorry guys but I can't go any more So i'm out
Appreciate 0