E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Nearly 6 Months, 19,000 Miles - A Few Problems to Share

09-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #23
SilverE90Sport
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I don't think the cars the problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner
I just found this site whilst trying to do some research on the problems I have been having with my car. I wondered if anyone else has experienced any of the following;

Autobox judder, particularly at low speed
Terrible wind noise (like a hoover) at very high speed
Seat belt tension problems
CD Changer sound quality issues
Low speed acceleration metalic noise........

I know I have put on some steep miles, but I bought a BMW because of the percieved quality etc etc and I dont seem to be getting it right now.

Its been to my dealer 5 times since I took delivery on 10th March and is going back again in September for first service, I have asked for it to be returned in 100% condition this time......

Anybody else having any similar issues?

Any advice for showdown with dealer technical manager next month?
I suggest some Wellbutrin XL for the OCD.
Seriously, it's a car; and a first run at that. Just be happy with the fact that you are able to own such a fine vehicle that exhibits less problems than the majority of other automobiles. Turn up the stereo and quit probing for problems!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #24
Barry626
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coming: 2012 135i

Quote:

I would recommend all auto drivers to go and get the software update, it made a huge difference for me.
Update did zip for my 330i, not that I have any big problems in first place.
Nav. screen froze again on me today so sofeware did not help iDrive or Nav.?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #25
330Inewbie
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
So my dealer had the car for 2 days, but the wait was worth it.

The software update has fixed the autobox issues and it seems like a different car. Smooth, quicker shifts, no hesitation - the box is now ahead of the game.

The windscreen rubber has been replaced - no more noise

CD Changer, changed

New seat belt fitted

Now I have the car that I thought I was buying.

I would recommend all auto drivers to go and get the software update, it made a huge difference for me (rembering that mine was a March 10 delivery).

Anyway, I'm off for some more sports mode action

Thanks for all your comments
Spooner, can you elaborate on how they corrected your wind noise? SEems like some owners have that problem and some don't. I just took delivery 1/21 and I am having the same wind noise problem, usually when i'm going 75+mph. Some people are saying that is just part of the car, but sounds to me like you were able to find a fix for it.
      01-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #26
Spooner
Rep
Drives: E90 330

Wind Noise

Hi Newbie,

The dealer replaced the front windscreen rubber - apparently BMW knew about this fault on some of the cars. The original rubber wasnt fitted correctly, resulting in that horrible noise at speed.

Thats what they told me anyway...............

and it did work.

Hope you get it sorted.

I still have problems with the CD changer and now a metallic noise when on full right lock. Dealer really doesnt give a shit and the whole owning thing to date means I wont be getting another
Appreciate 0