BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Time traveler...

If nothing else, it is amusing.

-Jeff
      10-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
i saw it..time traveler...what a moron..who the heck is he talking to in the past? another time traveler...did he also take the cell phone company back in the past to provide service..idiot
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Is there going to be a roaming charge?

For 1 second I thought about it...but like mentioned above sanity had to seep in. There are no cell phone providers, cell phone towers, and other users. Reading the youtube comments was funny. Interesting video though, because I love a good conspiracy theory!
      10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep

We have mobile phones right now that don't need towers or satellites to communicate with each other. All a cell phone is, is a radio. Just playing the part of the Devil's advocate. As far as other users go, there could be other people there. If they have the tech to travel in time, then surely it would be possible for them to have cell phone looking communication devices.
      10-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Without the ability to network there is a limited distance by which they can communicate. Fundamentally, there is a transmitter and receiver. There is only a certain distance by which you can transmit based on the antenna, power, and signal type. In an area packed with building and obstructions the typical distance is not far. A cell phone usually implies it can talk over the telephone network (i.e. reach any other device connected to that network by passing along the signal), a radio essentially allows data transfer on a given frequency, or group of frequencies. Both are subject to noise and dB loss on the EM wave created by the transmitter.

I think using the term cell-phone is what makes it unbelievable, because for the reasons above this is not how it is being used IMO. However, I don't disagree that there could be a communication device utilized if they are in fact advanced time travelers coming from a time of VLSI (or greater). The phrase: "If they have the ability to travel in time, then they can do 'X'" is a catch-all and could be used to any degree.

If the time traveler is from the future and he is discovered from this youtube video, wouldn't he have come to our time to stop the youtube video from being made!

Tim
      10-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay View Post
If the time traveler is from the future and he is discovered from this youtube video, wouldn't he have come to our time to stop the youtube video from being made!

Tim
Why would he though? It would just be another risk to take. Plus, this is just another one of the "Nessy" videos that will leave people wondering. Now, if one was able zoom in and see that he was wearing Nike socks...well, that would be another situation all together. I like to keep an open mind because history has shown that just about anything we can imagine can be done once the technology catches up. Gene Roddenberry with his "Star Trek" style communicators for instance...George Lucas with "ion" engines"...etc. If you were to go back in time just 100 years ago and show someone, who might be riding a horse, a photo of Niel Armstrong on the moon and you told them that it was only going to be another 59 more years before that happens they would call you insane. We are progressing so fast now that the growth of our potential has become exponential.

-Jeff
      10-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
To me it just looks like he's shielding himself from the sun and mumbling crap to himself...but yeah i suppose it can be a type of walkie-talkie. I mean if i traveled into the past with some homie's and wanted to look around i'd want to have some sort of walkie talkie with me to let them know where im at etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
11N55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
To me it just looks like he's shielding himself from the sun and mumbling crap to himself...
Nobody covers their face that way, she had her hand over her ear and her hands very grasping something in a shape of a square/rectangle.

Quote:
i saw it..time traveler...what a moron..who the heck is he talking to in the past? another time traveler...did he also take the cell phone company back in the past to provide service..idiot
Your telling me that if people can time travel that they need radio towers to talk on phones? People have also said it looks like a Walkie Talkie, really?!?! A Walkie Talkie in 1928? Unfortunately that technology didn't come out until 1937!

My theory:

We the human race have become extinct and another race from the future visits planet earth or whatever remains of planet earth. This future species does not know about our past existence, they curious to find out what has happened to this/on this planet in the past. They start time traveling to research just that and by accident stumble upon this.

Also, look into this when you have time to kill: The ancient Pyramids and how they might have been used as power supplies it ties in with "Tesla's" theories and experiments.
      11-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11N55 View Post
Nobody covers their face that way, she had her hand over her ear and her hands very grasping something in a shape of a square/rectangle.

Your telling me that if people can time travel that they need radio towers to talk on phones? People have also said it looks like a Walkie Talkie, really?!?! A Walkie Talkie in 1928? Unfortunately that technology didn't come out until 1937!

My theory:

We the human race have become extinct and another race from the future visits planet earth or whatever remains of planet earth. This future species does not know about our past existence, they curious to find out what has happened to this/on this planet in the past. They start time traveling to research just that and by accident stumble upon this.

Also, look into this when you have time to kill: The ancient Pyramids and how they might have been used as power supplies it ties in with "Tesla's" theories and experiments.
Yes..ur theories are much more plausible then mine..what was i thinking...

Of course its another species that can time travel...lol

Also, i suggested it was a TYPE of walkie talkie...not one he got from Sears you dolt...i said if he traveled in the past surely he would have some sort of communication device that wasnt dependent upon a server (like a walkie talkie)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
11N55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes..ur theories are much more plausible then mine..what was i thinking...

Of course its another species that can time travel...lol

Also, i suggested it was a TYPE of walkie talkie...not one he got from Sears you dolt...i said if he traveled in the past surely he would have some sort of communication device that wasnt dependent upon a server (like a walkie talkie)
haha, sorry if I came off like an ass