BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
highbrowed
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT w/ N54 Delete

Should I remove all mods before taking my car to the dealer for a turbo replacement?

So I just started hearing my wastegates start to rattle at 72k miles. If I reviewed up to 3k in neutral and decelerate it sounds like a playing card in bicycle spokes. I also hear the same noise under slight throttle at about 2k rpm.

I have JB4, DCI, 7" IC, CP, catless midpipes and Berk race. Should I remove my mods before going to the dealer for the turbo replacements? My plan was to remove the JB4, DCI and CP, and clear any codes, but removing the IC and exhaust would be such a pain...

I know there are many of you FBO running meth and didnt have any problems getting your turbos replaced with the mods installed. I know there are others that had issues getting theirs replaced even when they were stock. Can you guys share your experiences?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

I'd say anything directly related to the turbo that BMW could say would cause the failure. Should be fine with the Charge Pipe, Intercooler and Exhaust. My Dealer was very Mod friendly. Although your dealer may vary. Although I didn't have any major failures, I left everything on when taking it in for recalls. Granted my Tune was a BMW Tune, I did have an after market Intercooler, Charge Pipe and Exhaust. Plus Suspension had been overhauled.
Appreciate 0