BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i - 15' M235i

Front Bumper Question.

I installed my replica 1m front bumper on my 135i. I got the bumper from mod-bargains. I was able to get all the screws and the headlight washers in except for the screws underneath the bumper. The bumper just wouldnt line up with the bottom stock holes. Its on really tight and wont move at all I even took a test drive and it seemed fine. Just wondering if this should be a concern.

12' 135i • Build Thread • instagram: Enovoc

Last edited by Enovoc; 04-16-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #3
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Conversion

Mine just hangs lower, so it doesn't line up. I only use the top 4 bolts, the fender tabs, and the rubber strip in the engine bay to keep it on. It's totally fine for me

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensto View Post
Mine just hangs lower, so it doesn't line up. I only use the top 4 bolts, the fender tabs, and the rubber strip in the engine bay to keep it on. It's totally fine for me
Yeah thats what I was thinking I doubt its going to come off. Ive also heard from two other people that they couldnt get the bottom screws on either but the bumpers on fine. Just wanted to get peoples input before going 65+ on the highway lol. Thanks for the reply

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
papi gaston
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i convertible

lower front grille replacement

I need to replace the center grille, broken by a stone. Could not find any thread to change the lower front grille.
Could you help let me know the steps and how to remove the bumper? How many screws and sequences?
(It seems to me that in order to change the front grille, the bumper needs to be removed?)
I ordered the center front grille from Amazon and expect to receive it in few days, I don't know if there is any modification to the OEM part.
(In between I just changed the rear center stop light strip, suddenly popping out mounted by 4 spring loaded nuts, it requires lot of touch up, dremel tool and X-acto to cut out the top center knotch- I will post some pics in the rear center light thread)
Thanks.

Last edited by papi gaston; 05-12-2015 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: add information
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #6
Enovoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papi gaston View Post
I need to replace the center grille, broken by a stone. Could not find any thread to change the lower front grille.
Could you help let me know the steps and how to remove the bumper? How many screws and sequences?
(It seems to me that in order to change the front grille, the bumper needs to be removed?)
I ordered the center front grille from Amazon and expect to receive it in few days, I don't know if there is any modification to the OEM part.
(In between I just changed the rear center stop light strip, suddenly popping out mounted by 4 spring loaded nuts, it requires lot of touch up, dremel tool and X-acto to cut out the top center knotch- I will post some pics in the rear center light thread)
Thanks.
Taking the bumper off is pretty easy just take your time and be gentle. Once the bumper is off the youll see that the grill is easy to take off. This thread covers how to take the bumper off. (of course you dont need to take your headlights off haha) http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...t+bumper+cover

Appreciate 0