BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
AceofSpades11
I can't think of anything interesting to put here.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 135is

Question Window Tint

I looked around the forum to see if there is anywhere I could post this, all I could find was picture forums. If this is a redundant post, my bad

I am considering putting limo (5%) tint on my 135 when I get it, I had limo previously for 4 years, then I moved to Orlando and within 5 months I got pulled over and the jerk gave me a ticket for each window!

Nevertheless, I see people everyday with limo all around. So I am wondering if anyone has it and if they could share their stories or how frequently they have problems (if any). It would really help me make up my mind . Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Pangloss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible

Are you kidding? How do you think the City of East Bumblefrack is going to pay for that new water fountain and next year's Independence Day parade? :-)

But seriously, I got a legal amount so I'm not a good one to ask, sorry. (shrug)
      03-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Eric@NRP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades11 View Post
I looked around the forum to see if there is anywhere I could post this, all I could find was picture forums. If this is a redundant post, my bad

I am considering putting limo (5%) tint on my 135 when I get it, I had limo previously for 4 years, then I moved to Orlando and within 5 months I got pulled over and the jerk gave me a ticket for each window!

Nevertheless, I see people everyday with limo all around. So I am wondering if anyone has it and if they could share their stories or how frequently they have problems (if any). It would really help me make up my mind . Thanks!
I have 20% and have been living in orlando for about 5 months now and no problems obviously haha. i've heard of many people getting tickets for limo tint recently so maybe you're better off getting 15%. Then again the bmw owners i know around here with limo have never gotten stoppped.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
AceofSpades11
I can't think of anything interesting to put here.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post
Are you kidding? How do you think the City of East Bumblefrack is going to pay for that new water fountain and next year's Independence Day parade? :-)

But seriously, I got a legal amount so I'm not a good one to ask, sorry. (shrug)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCE46 View Post
I have 20% and have been living in orlando for about 5 months now and no problems obviously haha. i've heard of many people getting tickets for limo tint recently so maybe you're better off getting 15%. Then again the bmw owners i know around here with limo have never gotten stoppped.

lol thanks for the advice! I know so many people that have straight up black windows and for some reason they don't seem to have problems...luck of the draw?
Appreciate 0