BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #45
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
No.
Now this doesn't make any sense at all... Care to try again?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #46
Kkuba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
E87 LCI is a simple change, and i believe one of the only non 100% plug and play modules, due to the addition of the LED strips.

basically every module is identical between years and chassis, even to E9x

things like the doors/convertible top are on the JBE>chassis modules side of the electrics, in the FRM i believe (http://bmw.workshop-manuals.com/1_Se...ex.php?id=3856), rather than the JBE>DME side

so the key/buttons send the unlock code outside of the DME, and only require the DME>CAS interaction to be successful in de-immobilising the car.

so it's a waste of time swapping in the body loom, as all you'll really achieve is making things unhappy.. all you need is the engine loom to plug into the DME, then the DME plugs into the chassis side connector (large grey lead i think?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie M3ti View Post
Ok but I in some of the swaps I have done there have been differences between the modules ie Instrument Panels, mirrors etc between models. All I am saying is do your research using WDS to ensure the various modules use the same plugs and wiring.

Also if you are just changing the engine loom (which should just plug in) will there then be VIN differences between ECU, EWS, Speedo etc which means it will not work. What about the other modules?

Cheers

Brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
instrument cluster stores VIN and current mileage, and should be swapped over.. if mileage mismatch, as far as i remember there's certain circumstances it'll show a tamper light, others it'll rewrite the mileage (could vary per model year etc.. though i think the dash can be almost, or 100% coded as desired, VIN overwritten etc..)

if swap dash with DME and CAS, then no issues, it all matches.

CAS stores the immobilisation code for the ECU and is needed for it to be started

I can't remember any others that store VIN or anything, just need calibration/synch., part numbers for things like ABS sensors are identical.
Thanks again for your replies.

Just need to work out some of the acronyms hehe.

But it seems for the moment that my biggest problem will not be with the actual physical install, just potentially the coding of the combined cars.
Appreciate 0