BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
felixdahousecat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Ultimate Test Drive???

I opened my email inbox today to and recieved one of those most exicitng peices of mail my junk inbox has ever held. Out of blank luck I was invited to take part in the demo drive for the 1 series at Calgary's Canada Olympic Park on April 19th. BMW gives a pretty general background as to what will be going on that day, but I was hoping that someone here maybe has done something simmilar and has some more info to share on the actual particulars of the event??
So excited.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

If it's the same "Ultimate Test Drive" they have down here, it's an absolute blast! They have about a 10 -15 minute classroom session, going over the basics of car control and the physics involved (very simplistic) and then you get to go out and run a little mini-autocross with an instructor. It's a riot! I've done it a couple times before and can't wait for it to come back to Houston.

Do it, you'll love it!!

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
Road Runner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The guys in Vancouver did it last week.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6506
      04-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

I did a 3 series track day called "Fascination" at Sandown Racecourse in Melbourne (Australia) last year. Over the course of the day, we did 4 different sessions testing all variants of the 3:

- High speed lap of the circuit
- Emergency Braking & collision avoidance
- Testing the active steering
- Short course including slalom

The lap of the circuit was by far the favourite. I hit the track in a 335 coupe and reached speeds of around 260kmph (160mph) down the straight. We had to keep up with an M3 driven by some local racing driver. I hope like hell my dealership arranges something similar for the 1er! I just might wet my pants.