BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #89
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazitp View Post

teslaastro, I hope your kid doesnt kill himself or one of his friends. I know the statistics, and regardless of whether or not the kid is an "A" student, I've seen firsthand multiple times what happens when an inexperienced driver is placed in a very powerful car that they haven't learned to control, no matter how "safe" it is perceived to be. I wish you and your kid the best, but I wouldn't be rolling the dice with my child's life on the line.
point read.....point ignored.....thanks though, my kid is the best.....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #90
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

I also feel a lot of kids these days are never forced to earn things for themselves. I feel certain things should be earned. I'll probably buy my kid a car at the appropriate age, but it won't be a performance luxury sports sedan. It'll be practical, safe, and reliable. If he/she wants a nicer car, they will have the opportunity to go to college, get a job, and buy one for themselves. I find people appreciate their posessions more when they are earned, not handed to them.
so, you write the above but yet you are buying a car for your kid?....the 135 isnt safe, practical and reliable?...if it isnt, maybe I should re-think my decision as you know something we all dont....

as for earning things, I feel the effort it takes to become an "A" student and avoid being a "punk-ass" in this hip hop culture is the same as cash....Besides, my son will receive the car after I've lovingly maintained it for 4 years....so, he'll be getting a 4 yr old used car...book value at that time should be equal to a new Honda Accord....I'm certainly not handing anything to my kid, it will be earned in the classroom, and out of respect and goodness.....In my eyes, my son doesnt need to be exploited in some shit job they give to 16 yr olds, while he misses out on study time, practicing his guitar, and after school activities like debate team and yearbook staff....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #91
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
the kids on "my super sweet 16". anyone who thinks these kids arent wastes of oxygen need to killed, along with the kids.
ok, there is no doubt that the majority of the girls on this show are spoiled prisses....however, like so many reality shows, the director and editor's job is to be provocateurs- the whole point of the show is to incite that anger you feel at the child and the parents.....do you really believe everything you see?.....you need to not drink the kool -aid that is fed to you.....This is not a Ken Burns documentary my man....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #92
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

hey Tubby....

i noticed you're from the OC.....say hi to the Housewives in Coto!!!

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #93
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
so, you write the above but yet you are buying a car for your kid?....the 135 isnt safe, practical and reliable?...if it isnt, maybe I should re-think my decision as you know something we all dont....

as for earning things, I feel the effort it takes to become an "A" student and avoid being a "punk-ass" in this hip hop culture is the same as cash....Besides, my son will receive the car after I've lovingly maintained it for 4 years....so, he'll be getting a 4 yr old used car...book value at that time should be equal to a new Honda Accord....I'm certainly not handing anything to my kid, it will be earned in the classroom, and out of respect and goodness.....In my eyes, my son doesnt need to be exploited in some shit job they give to 16 yr olds, while he misses out on study time, practicing his guitar, and after school activities like debate team and yearbook staff....
I agree with pretty much everything here, except the type of car I'd buy my own kid. Not forcing them to work at McDs to pay a car note when they should be focusing on other things. Current market value isnt the only thing that will factor into my purchase of the car either. I could easily afford a used Camaro SS, but thats not exactly the type of car you should be handing to a new driver (IMO). We pretty much feel the same on everything, except the type of car. Good thing we both are allowed to make our own decisions. Granted, giving your kid a 135i is well under the worst extremes. Its not a gallardo or a juiced up supra (nick hogan) or other SuperSweet16 type handouts (I know some of it is fluff, but this kind of stuff happens ALL THE TIME off camera all over the country). I think you have good intentions, and again wish you the best. Lets just hope the 135i is as good as we all want it to be.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #94
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I agree with pretty much everything here, except the type of car I'd buy my own kid. Not forcing them to work at McDs to pay a car note when they should be focusing on other things. Current market value isnt the only thing that will factor into my purchase of the car either. I could easily afford a used Camaro SS, but thats not exactly the type of car you should be handing to a new driver (IMO). We pretty much feel the same on everything, except the type of car. Good thing we both are allowed to make our own decisions. Granted, giving your kid a 135i is well under the worst extremes. Its not a gallardo or a juiced up supra (nick hogan) or other SuperSweet16 type handouts (I know some of it is fluff, but this kind of stuff happens ALL THE TIME off camera all over the country). I think you have good intentions, and again wish you the best. Lets just hope the 135i is as good as we all want it to be.
Thanks for the well wishes....I hope the 135 is as great as touted, since I have SO many incentives to get a G37....Infiniti is offering 3.9%, $500 cash back, in addition to the fact they financially forgive "blemishes" for up to $1k on my leased G35 when I return it...I have 2 bad scratches on my rear bumper and the front rims are badly scratched from scraping curbs (IMO a design flaw-they should have used tires that protect the rims)

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #95
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep

yeah, some cars rims are very prone to curb rash, its really annoying to have to be so careful everytime you pull into a driveway or something. my wife has already rashed both of her front rims on her mustang. not super bad, but a noticeable little spot on each wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #96
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
yeah, some cars rims are very prone to curb rash, its really annoying to have to be so careful everytime you pull into a driveway or something. my wife has already rashed both of her front rims on her mustang. not super bad, but a noticeable little spot on each wheel.
Infiniti's going to give it to me good at lease return....both my front rims are scratched up badly on the edges....unless of course I buy a G37, then all is forgiven....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 04:41 PM   #97
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep

I personally dont like the design changes of the g37, and I prefer the g35 looks.

also, almost 3700 lbs. with 30lbs less torque than a 135i. I'd take the hit on the lease return and put your butt into the better vehicle
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #98
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
I personally dont like the design changes of the g37, and I prefer the g35 looks.
Ya know, I felt that way too until I saw the 37 in person. The new curves don't translate well to 2-d.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #99
cricri
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

LOL a bday present from daddy

Damn my first post sucks. I had to react nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #100
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

When I was in high school in the late '80s, a kid in my class drove a Ferrari 328 GTS. It was registered to his father, but the son drove it. Needless to say, everyone in the school was impressed as hell... until the kid totaled it in an accident.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #101
Race 1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I think its too expensive for a first car, and I think that your first car should be used. I also think if your parents pay for the car you should pay for the insurance and gas.

As far as speed i think your fine with either model. Just be smart about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #102
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

^+1 ...but if the 135i gets more than a 36k base msrp. I'm going to look strongly into the G37S which comes at 35500. I'd be getting a slower vehicle, but I always like NA engines.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #103
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

also, almost 3700 lbs. with 30lbs less torque than a 135i. I'd take the hit on the lease return and put your butt into the better vehicle
I agree with you on exterior....interior is absolutely sumptuous though.....but, it is faster than previous model at about 5.3 0-60......I will have to see and drive the 135 to make final decision.....i just hope the interior isnt cramped....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #104
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Ya know, I felt that way too until I saw the 37 in person. The new curves don't translate well to 2-d.
agreed

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #105
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
^+1 ...but if the 135i gets more than a 36k base msrp. I'm going to look strongly into the G37S which comes at 35500. I'd be getting a slower vehicle, but I always like NA engines.
+100.....but I have a very strong feeling 135 base will be $34500-$35000......anything less will be amazing, anything more I'll have to really look harder at the G

=
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #106
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricri View Post
LOL a bday present from daddy

Damn my first post sucks. I had to react nuff said.
Lucky for you theres no limit to dumbass posts you can contribute....congratulations on your first in what I'm sure will be many.....what did your daddy get you that resulted in your self flagellation?

=
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #107
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

only in Orange County. holy shit how is this thread still going? just get the damn car kid and stop. did you honestly not anticipate the flame war that your thread topic was going to incite?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #108
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by argocarina View Post
did you honestly not anticipate the flame war that your thread topic was going to incite?
Apparently not.

Bad judgment. One more reason a 16 year old doesn't need a 300hp RWD anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #109
HKF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: No Comment

Thumbs down

Tubby; Teslaastro:
I'm fairly certain that starving war refugees in Africa could only laugh at the utter absurdity of your contributions to this thread. Compared to what they are going through at this very moment, there is no way that you (Tubby) or your child four years from now (Teslaastro) could do that would merit a car worth an amount of money that could feed a lot of people who did not ask for that crap to happen to them. I sounds like a great car. I think it's cool to enjoy luxuries like this, but I also think it's important to remind people about what's going on in other people's REALLY difficult lives. Read what I've stated as MY OPINION, grow up a little as human beings, or ignore what I've written.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #110
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

and please teslaastro when you respond to HKevinF can you keep it to one post? it is really obnoxious when you make 5 separate posts all in a row so that you can respond to each quote separately. in case you didn't know, it is possible to imbed multiple quotations in one message. thanks.
Appreciate 0