BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

OT: JBD on X6

The X6 forum is a bit dead so I thought I might post here. I ordered a JB Diesel for my dad's X6 35d last week and I installed it Thursday night.

I set it to 85% from the get-go and the impression I got from my brief drive was DAAAMN. The thing already pulled quite hard for a 2 tonne truck but now the mid-range turbo-diesel punch is just explosive. Dad even called me on Friday telling me how addictive the acceleration was compared to stock.

It's still a bit asthmatic high in the rev range like diesels are, but hey mid-range is where all the fun is. Another quality product from Terry@BMS.

I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone with a 35d engine (does NOT work on the LCI 40d engine) since it's only about 300 bucks. The install literally takes less than 5 mins as it involves plugging in two things. The X6 engine bay is so much easier to work with compared to our 1ers. Nothing is in the way.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

This is the exact reason I've been holding off ordering an X3! The 35d was just added to the lineup in Europe, hoping it makes its debut here soon.

Glad to hear the JB on the 35d is a monster
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
This is the exact reason I've been holding off ordering an X3! The 35d was just added to the lineup in Europe, hoping it makes its debut here soon.

Glad to hear the JB on the 35d is a monster
It's not as a profound change as a PROcede or JB4 on our N54s, but it does change the car somewhat.

Unfortunately, just like how the X3 35i isn't coming to Australia, the 35d is unlikely to make it here either. The car will simply be too expensive and our market too small. Most would consider the 30d to be sufficient.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
It's not as a profound change as a PROcede or JB4 on our N54s, but it does change the car somewhat.

Unfortunately, just like how the X3 35i isn't coming to Australia, the 35d is unlikely to make it here either. The car will simply be too expensive and our market too small. Most would consider the 30d to be sufficient.
I know the 30d will have adequate power but I really hope they bring the 35d here. I know it's a slim chance otherwise 30d it is.
Appreciate 0