BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
One_M
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 07 120i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Nope, handling has definitely improved by a significant margin switching after switching. 1speedbike has described it pretty well.
Thats suprising, i guess a well designed tyre would be up to the job. Your tyre brand is? I bet is a good one?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #24
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_M View Post
Thats suprising, i guess a well designed tyre would be up to the job. Your tyre brand is? I bet is a good one?
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. They're much like the Advan Neovas, tread pattern is close to semi-slick without being a semi-slick. It has reinforced sidewalls anyway for track work, so I'm guessing that helps a lot.

Corner speeds are much much higher than on stock suspension and runflats.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #25
One_M
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. They're much like the Advan Neovas, tread pattern is close to semi-slick without being a semi-slick. It has reinforced sidewalls anyway for track work, so I'm guessing that helps a lot.

Corner speeds are much much higher than on stock suspension and runflats.
Will have a look on Tire rack for them.

I bet it handles rippled/corrugated road surfaces and sharp edged bumps better too by the sound of it
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #26
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Just had my V1's installed and its so much better. Ride is smoother but stiffer (improvement) and handling is brilliant, very little roll and so confidence inspiring unlike the stock setup (too bouncy).

I'm running a E93 M3 Sway bar and Toyo T1R tyres (have Star Specs on order from Tire Rack).

Only had a small drop - 20mm - not a fan of the slammed look.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Mine is Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position, Michellin Pilot Super Sport competitor which has been getting rave review over here.

in case you are wondering about mine
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
One_M
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Mine is Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position, Michellin Pilot Super Sport competitor which has been getting rave review over here.

in case you are wondering about mine
Cheers, are they a reinforced sidewall do you know?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #29
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Cheers, are they a reinforced sidewall do you know?
not sure sorry
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #30
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
I've hear that the BC's are a Buddy Club copy...I've also heard about 3 people now complain of two things with them 1. They leaked, and 2. My back hurts.

I bought a BMW because I wanted a car that was engineered to perform well enough but still be comfortable. BC's come with pillowball mounts, which I've had before and absolutely hate, they undo alot of the good work BMW invest to avoid NVH, like double firewalls and state of the art steering/linkage design. I also dont want spring rates that annoy the shit out of me.

I'm not knocking your BC's, im just saying that a coilover that is a gun performer at the cost of a harsher ride and increased noise is not for everyone. I did all that crap when I was 19.
I can confirm that Bor-Chuann Coilovers are most certainly NOT a "Buddy Club copy", nothing could be further from the truth.

With regards spring rates, they can be customised to suite, as such the ride need not be harsh or back breaking.

For what it is worth I have 19" wheels on my car, rolling on 35 and 30 series rubber and I would define the ride characteristics to be anything BUT annoying.

I would be more than happy to let a few of the doubters and KW Fanboys drive my car and experience first hand, that the Bor-Chuann Coilovers engineered for the 135i are indeed a "gun performer", however not at the cost of increased NVH and or ride comfort.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by JD75; 10-15-2011 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0