BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
jungcg
Rep
Drives:

2200km later in my 135i...

most of the previous reviews have managed to capture the essence of this car. it's all true. the one thing i want to emphasise is how beautifully this car performs on the open road. it just becomes a totally different car compared to "stop/start" trips in the suburb. within seconds of getting onto the highway this car acts as if it's a wild animal that's just been set free back into the wild where it belongs. before i know it, it's run away from me and the speedometer is at 160km/h. a short tap of the accelerator and it's at 200km/h, effortlessly. that's the key word - effortless. the power comes in such huge helpings. cruising at 120km/h in 6th gear, drop it into fifth, tap the accelerator and you're at 180km/h in a flash. at 200km/h the car almost tells me it wants to go to 250km/h - haven't listened yet.

some other observations... someone described this car as a rock star on this forum. it is. it receives lots of attention. have come out of a mall twice in the last two weeks to find people taking pics of the car. people follow me around just to perv at the car (which kinda freaks me out). people come up to me just to talk about the car. people expect me to wind my window down and talk to them about the car at traffic lights.

all in all i am extremely happy with the machine.
      04-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungcg View Post
some other observations... someone described this car as a rock star on this forum. it is. it receives lots of attention. have come out of a mall twice in the last two weeks to find people taking pics of the car. people follow me around just to perv at the car (which kinda freaks me out). people come up to me just to talk about the car. people expect me to wind my window down and talk to them about the car at traffic lights.
Honest officer, I was just trying to escape all my fans. And really, is 120 in a 35 all that fast?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
jungcg
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Honest officer, I was just trying to escape all my fans. And really, is 120 in a 35 all that fast?

120 is quite painful in a 35 - but it is the speed limit on the highways in south africa.
      04-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
bski
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Know the feeling.
Came out from the driving range and there were like 5 people around the car....
Yeah, everyone looking and talking to you at lights..and the best..
a guy in a corvette convert. checking out my 128i...priceless!
later
bski
Appreciate 0