m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy69 View Post
Mine was delivered on Tuesday Oct 4th at 11 AM
Mine was the 4th at 9:30. We did not leave welt until about 1pm to run over to the m studio for a tour.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

no love for Pisa? looks like you nearly drove right by...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #26
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO, 02' M Roady, 74' 914 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
no love for Pisa? looks like you nearly drove right by...
Not no love for Pisa...Thought about the detour to Pisa however Tuscany to Genoa was a long ride as it was plus had a very long day the following day from Genoa to Cannes with detour up to Sospel and the Col Du Turini. As a result skipped Pisa.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Not no love for Pisa...Thought about the detour to Pisa however Tuscany to Genoa was a long ride as it was plus had a very long day the following day from Genoa to Cannes with detour up to Sospel and the Col Du Turini. As a result skipped Pisa.
Thanks! was just curious!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #28
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3kerry View Post
Mine was the 4th at 9:30. We did not leave welt until about 1pm to run over to the m studio for a tour.
Must have just missed you. I checked in at 9:30am and did delivery at 11am. Had problem with euro nav software so car went to tech shop to get reloaded whilst I took factory tour. I met a guy in the welt gift shop from Las Vegas that took delivery on a white m3. He told me about m studio tour that was scheduled by several folks. I made my way over there at around 3pm but designers were gone for the day already. Two M Studio marketing interns showed us around but didn't get hood signed by designers. Sorry I missed u guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #29
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Must have just missed you. I checked in at 9:30am and did delivery at 11am. Had problem with euro nav software so car went to tech shop to get reloaded whilst I took factory tour. I met a guy in the welt gift shop from Las Vegas that took delivery on a white m3. He told me about m studio tour that was scheduled by several folks. I made my way over there at around 3pm but designers were gone for the day already. Two M Studio marketing interns showed us around but didn't get hood signed by designers. Sorry I missed u guys.
You meet Casper. We toured until right before you got there.

I scheduled the tour and then collected other m owners along the way. Hate we missed you. I do remember you from the pics. I was eating in the lounge about the time you picked up and I think I watched you. I am looking back through my pics.

I was so tired from being out of the us for about ten days at that point.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #30
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You meet Casper. We toured until right before you got there.

I scheduled the tour and then collected other m owners along the way. Hate we missed you. I do remember you from the pics. I was eating in the lounge about the time you picked up and I think I watched you. I am looking back through my pics.

I was so tired from being out of the us for about ten days at that point.
Yes, Casper was who my wife and I met. I seem to remember he indicated he was headed north and had relatives to visit? He was intending to go south to the Alps after that weather permitting. I told him I wanted to go south quickly to get thru the Alps before weather turned bad. We ran into some sleet in St Moritz and I was a bit concerned for the trip from St Moritz to Bellagio however it was no problem. I was surprised when the freezing rain/snow symbol poped up on my dashboard LOL. Rest of the trip was beautiful.

I was tired myself from a big Octoberfest evening the day before after flying all night.

When and where did you drop your car for delivery home?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #31
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, Casper was who my wife and I met. I seem to remember he indicated he was headed north and had relatives to visit? He was intending to go south to the Alps after that weather permitting. I told him I wanted to go south quickly to get thru the Alps before weather turned bad. We ran into some sleet in St Moritz and I was a bit concerned for the trip from St Moritz to Bellagio however it was no problem. I was surprised when the freezing rain/snow symbol poped up on my dashboard LOL. Rest of the trip was beautiful.

I was tired myself from a big Octoberfest evening the day before after flying all night.

When and where did you drop your car for delivery home?

Friday the 7th and got on the boat the following Tuesday. The car arrives in the us on the 3rd, so probably get it about thanks giving. Dropped it in Munich after taking in the Rhine and the ring.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #32
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Friday the 7th and got on the boat the following Tuesday. The car arrives in the us on the 3rd, so probably get it about thanks giving. Dropped it in Munich after taking in the Rhine and the ring.
I dropped mine in Nice France on 17th and am wondering when I will see it again? Keep me posted when your car arrives if possible then I will have a good idea that mine is close.

I missed the ring on this trip. Im sure that was fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #33
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dropped mine in Nice France on 17th and am wondering when I will see it again? Keep me posted when your car arrives if possible then I will have a good idea that mine is close.

Called the ca and he is saying the 5th. If that is right I could have an autox and race-keeper data on it my the end of the month. That is crazy. I thought it would take a little while longer to get the car inland to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #34
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Called the ca and he is saying the 5th. If that is right I could have an autox and race-keeper data on it my the end of the month. That is crazy. I thought it would take a little while longer to get the car inland to me.
Wow that is fast. Good luck with it. I won't have a chance to Autox mine till next spring.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #35
smug01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO, '97 Land Cruiser

Quote:

I dropped off my VO 1M in Nice on the same day...about 8 AM. Picked up at the Welt on Oct 5. Just missed you!

Any idea where your car is? I haven't heard back from my CA yet as to my car's location.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #36
spoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1///m

Now thats what I call a ED. Great pix. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #37
Zippy69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smug01 View Post
I dropped off my VO 1M in Nice on the same day...about 8 AM. Picked up at the Welt on Oct 5. Just missed you!

Any idea where your car is? I haven't heard back from my CA yet as to my car's location.
No word yet. I got lost as heck trying to find the Nice drop off and almost missed my flight. Finally fornd the place at 10:30 AM. No other VO cars were there so they must have moved yours already at that point.
Appreciate 0