BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #23
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Convertible

while we have you Adrian...

Whats the cost for tune and install?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #24
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

pretty sure is 1150 + free install if ur local or free shipping if not.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
andrewgordo
Rep
Drives: 1351s

Hi Adrian I have sent you 3 emails.... no reply.
Please email me agordon@gmail.com
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hi Andrew,

I will email you now, but please bear in mind that it has been the weekend, so I tend to stay off my computer for the weekend.

Regards,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgordo View Post
Hi Adrian I have sent you 3 emails.... no reply.
Please email me agordon@gmail.com
Thanks
Ouch... and you live in the same city?!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #28
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi Andrew,

I will email you now, but please bear in mind that it has been the weekend, so I tend to stay off my computer for the weekend.

Regards,

Adrian
Fair enough too I reckon. IM and email has lead to too much "instant gratification" expectations IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #29
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hey Guys,

Everyone who has purchased from me knows I take phone calls almost any time, and if I am in a meeting or something, I return my calls quickly. I am sure that all my customers are happy with the support I offer. In this particular case, a sales enquiry email was sent late on a friday. I do not sit on my computer all weekend waiting for emails to arrive. I have a smart phone, and I do not walk around doing my weekend activities with my phone out every 5 minutes to check emails. I apologise if this does not meet with expectations, but this is how I work. I have just emailed Andrew my phone number for him to call me.

BBK is obviously making some dig about my support compared to BMS. Possibly BMS does offer a higher level of email support on weekends, but I doubt he can offer the same level of phone support to Australians, and particularly for those local to Sydney, I highly doubt he can offer the installation support and dyno tuning support that I offer.

So thanks for you interest in my product BBK, please let me know if you want to upgrade from what you currently have.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

I am happy to help you guys install the JB4 if you go down the Juice Box track. Takes about 20-30 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Everyone who has purchased from me knows I take phone calls almost any time, and if I am in a meeting or something, I return my calls quickly. I am sure that all my customers are happy with the support I offer. In this particular case, a sales enquiry email was sent late on a friday. I do not sit on my computer all weekend waiting for emails to arrive. I have a smart phone, and I do not walk around doing my weekend activities with my phone out every 5 minutes to check emails. I apologise if this does not meet with expectations, but this is how I work. I have just emailed Andrew my phone number for him to call me.

BBK is obviously making some dig about my support compared to BMS. Possibly BMS does offer a higher level of email support on weekends, but I doubt he can offer the same level of phone support to Australians, and particularly for those local to Sydney, I highly doubt he can offer the installation support and dyno tuning support that I offer.

So thanks for you interest in my product BBK, please let me know if you want to upgrade from what you currently have.

Cheers,

Adrian
+99999

It's the same thing that happens to my students from uni, they email me 5 times late Friday night and expect a reply over the weekend. I'd like a break too.

Adrian offers unparalleled support in terms of installation and issues. You can't beat having someone within driving distance that knows exactly what he's doing.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #32
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Adrian
It was a slight jab, but I feel it was warranted after ALWAYS hearing the argument that Procede offers better support in Australia because there is one person, in one city that offers phone support when you need it.

If I didn't always hear that argument, then I wouldn't have said anything. I don't want to mention at least one person I know who got rid of a procede because of what it did, and the lack of support, but I feel I need to defend myself.

Fair enough if the emails were sent over the weekend and you don't care to support on the weekend. Some businesses will go out of their way to help, some I guess need a break. Isn't that what smart phones are for? Last time I checked, it's about as easy as replying to a text message, a 1 min job? Anyways, I won't tell you how to do your job...

And when I'm ready to 'upgrade' to a product that is more expensive that offers the same/similar features and similar power, I will wake up and get out of my nightmare!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I will leave it at that.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #33
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
It was a slight jab, but I feel it was warranted after ALWAYS hearing the argument that Procede offers better support in Australia because there is one person, in one city that offers phone support when you need it.

If I didn't always hear that argument, then I wouldn't have said anything. I don't want to mention at least one person I know who got rid of a procede because of what it did, and the lack of support, but I feel I need to defend myself.

Fair enough if the emails were sent over the weekend and you don't care to support on the weekend. Some businesses will go out of their way to help, some I guess need a break. Isn't that what smart phones are for? Last time I checked, it's about as easy as replying to a text message, a 1 min job? Anyways, I won't tell you how to do your job...

And when I'm ready to 'upgrade' to a product that is more expensive that offers the same/similar features and similar power, I will wake up and get out of my nightmare!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I will leave it at that.
In Red Font
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #34
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

ok guys thanks for the entertainment.

BACK ON TRACK NOW PLEASE

are my threads that good they get jacked? 2nd thread now lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:25 AM   #35
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack135 View Post
ok guys thanks for the entertainment.

BACK ON TRACK NOW PLEASE

are my threads that good they get jacked? 2nd thread now lol
It's just that you ask questions that have been previously debated at length, on numerous forums, quite heatedly (I was surprised you didn't cop a solid dose of the "Use the Search function" posts).

Some people are for JB4 and some people are for ProCede. Orlin's comments make sense. I believe he has tried both and settled on the JB4. However, if you're in Sydney, then why pass up the opportunity of having someone like Adrian (ProCede) just around the corner should something go awry or you need help.

Last edited by BMWRX; 05-16-2011 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #36
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I'm not quite sure as to what kind of support/help you guys are after. Most people install the Piggy's, then set and forget. 99.9% of any kind of issue is covered on these forums. When I want to test something new I just email Terry from BMS and I have an answer within 10 minutes. It's amazing. No need for someone to hold my hand. I'm sure Adrian does a great job in the Sydney area and it's 'piece of mind' for some.

'EACH TO THEIR OWN'

Enjoy your tune boys

Last edited by JB4-335; 05-16-2011 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #37
Alpha Trion
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

copy that bmwrx! I'm still working my way around these forums.

just give me a sec and i'll go post another tyre thread
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #38
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack135 View Post
copy that bmwrx! I'm still working my way around these forums.

just give me a sec and i'll go post another tyre thread
We haven't had one on the Alpine stereo upgrade in a little while.
      05-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #39
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

from the instruction video ive seen the PROcede is just as much of a PNP as the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 03:59 AM   #40
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002 View Post
Agreed Terry is great at support & Q&A. I haven't had experience with PROCede, but heard their support sucked and wasn't a PnP solution, so went with JB... could be wrong. JB seems the popular solution in the USA.
Not sure where you got that impression from, PROcede is as much PnP as JB. If you look over to E90post (where they've had the N54 for much longer than us) most of them run PROcede. JB just seems to be more popular here.

It makes sense when you look at how much shiv does all the time in regards to updates and investigating better methods of tuning our engines.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #41
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

Can i jump in too? I don't have a procede or JB. Seriously, do you guys expect 24/7, 365 days a year support just because you bought a piggy back unit? Why should adrian be available to reply email on the weekend? Does your dealer open on the weekend to service your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #42
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
Can i jump in too? I don't have a procede or JB. Seriously, do you guys expect 24/7, 365 days a year support just because you bought a piggy back unit? Why should adrian be available to reply email on the weekend? Does your dealer open on the weekend to service your car?
Just for the record, I do accept phone calls pretty much anytime except when I sleep. Every customer I sell a Procede to has my phone number. I just don't check my email much on the weekend which is what started this. I don't get many email support requests on the weekend, so I am not in the habit of checking my email just in case. The only reason the original poster did not have my phone number was because he is a new forum member, and we could not PM each other. You really can't get better support on an ECU tune product for this platform in Australia.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #43
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

They say "Never argue about religion or politics". It would seem a choice between PROcede and JuiceBox is both!

We all love our 135s, let's remain gentlemen here!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #44
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Procede does not have different stage versions. There is only one Procede unit for both N54 and N55 (you could just get a new harness to go from N54 to N55). But it is coupled with a different harness for N55 to N54. N54 harness is very similar to JB4 N54. Only difference being the connection of one extra power wire (takes about 1 minute).

For N55, the Procede harness is similar to JB3, except it connects to 2 extra sensors (total of 6) and connects to the CAN bus and power/ground. The extra sensors provide ignition control (and we can actually read RPM!!) and fuel pressure control, and the CAN connection allows us to do all the normal CAN features which are inherent with the way we tune, and some nice user interface features also. The install is more complex than N55 JB3, as you need to pull the rear engine cowelling off to get to the CAN wiring, and the crank sensor is harder to access than the other sensors, so it is a tradeoff of features vs install complexity.

All these units are piggyback... as this describes a method tuning which utilises extra electronics with the standard DME. Certainly there is a difference in install method using sensors vs plugin to the ECU itself. Personally I prefer the method that plugs into the ECU (everything plugs in at one place), but BMW bolted the ECU to the engine in the N55, and it is difficult to access to makes more sense to do it on the sensors.
Appreciate 0