BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #23
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
GREAT job guys! I Way to step up to the plate!!

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
pb12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

That is the bracket I used, and it fits perfectly! One thing to be aware of though is that you will not be able to re-use the Torx bolts that hold the stock seat in place. Because of the design of the Speedware bracket, you can not drive the bolts from above. What I did was to buy 4 bolts in the same thread pitch and size, that I could drive from the side with a box-end wrench.

I am extremely pleased with this install, though I do have to put up with an airbag light. I have been told by two seperate vendors that with an airbag light, the system is in failsafe mode, which was explained to me to mean that in the event of an accident ALL airbags will deploy, not just those with an occupant. For me this was acceptable, others may not feel the same way.

For the first time in the two years of owning this car I am actually comfortable in it. I sit about two inches lower, and feel like I am sitting in the seat, not on it. I am 5'10" and the seat height is perfect. I see just over the top of the instrument binnacle, as apposed to looking through the top two inches of the windshield. I hated this car with the stock electric seat in place, now I am Really enjoying it!

Lastly, the EAS brackets advertised in this thread as being a solution for this seat, or the Recarro sliders do Not work, even a little. Just look at my photos in the first post of this thread, those are the EAS brackets. NONE of the holes line-up. For this application they are useless.

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenm View Post
Did you ever have any luck with this? I'm about to put in SRDs (the older model of the speed) in my 135.

Below is my experience thus far:

I've called up VAC and talked to them, they said that the mounts they make don't work with the bottom mount seat like this. But, I did find these that might work:

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...re-e82-bracket

I also have HMS looking for brackets for me, possibly getting the whole assembly from Recaro. I am thinking that I might have to have a custom mount made though because the SRDs are a little wider than the speed at the shoulder, and I might need to push the seats as far to the center as possible.

Are you installing both driver and passenger? What are you doing about airbags (the OC3 turns off the passenger)?

Last edited by pb12; 02-29-2012 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
taichi
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 & F25

Garage List
Great Job!!
      03-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Jettafanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I had to make a set of custom brackets ( easy to do really ) to make my Sparco Milano Prestiges fit... used the Macht Schnell floor mounts.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0