BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Buying used from interstate dealer - PPI needed?

Hi guys, I'm considering a used White 135i manual from North Shore BMW. It's done about 55,000kms and the car pretty much has everything I want. The only problem is I live in Melbourne so I can't get any time off to fly up to just check out the car. I only want to go up I know everything is up to scratch and I'm ready to hand over my hard earned money.

I just wanted to ask is it necessary to get a 3rd party PPI done? I've read up on a few places and it seems like Bee ems in Hornsby or Peak Automotive in Paramatta are the places to go (or even state roads). The car is also still under new car warranty, so I presume if there's any faults I can still get them fixed by a Melbourne dealer.

Also should I try to haggle in extended factory warranty or will I get a better price doing that elsewhere?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Remember to at least bargain the cost of registration off the price. This equates to a couple of thousand dollars.

I went to Melbourne to buy my car and the only inspection I did was to plug in my diagnostic cable and then use 'what I found' as a negotiating tool lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

I bought my X5 in Brisbane while i also live in Melbourne. It was a private sale, but i go tthe guy to take it to his BMW and they did a PPI on it for me for $140 from memory. Helped me make up my mind to go and take a closer look myself and ended up driving it away.

If its a dealer selling it second hand they would have already done a 100 point BMW check??? Ask for that paperwork and let most of your decision ride on that before going there, perhaps consider a 3rd party if it aint going to cost you much. Trying to organise it through the dealer "may" be a pain though, depends how much they need it gone.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Thanks guys! If the price advertised it drive away, the price I am negotiating from should be from the price without rego and stamp duty at least though wouldn't it? Since I'm pretty sure I'd need to pay those things back in Vic.

On another note, is the HPFP issue only covered by the factory 3 year warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
///Chase
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 16' m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
Thanks guys! If the price advertised it drive away, the price I am negotiating from should be from the price without rego and stamp duty at least though wouldn't it? Since I'm pretty sure I'd need to pay those things back in Vic.

On another note, is the HPFP issue only covered by the factory 3 year warranty?
get the check done by RACQ. full check is like 250$ they check EVERYTHING. wheels off the car everything lol

IM about to buy a 135i , its 2011 and im still getting it done.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
Also should I try to haggle in extended factory warranty or will I get a better price doing that elsewhere?
Give them a try first. If you're able to take a few $k off the asking price with some extended warranty thrown in, that'd be a sweet deal
Appreciate 0