BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
mad4che
Rep
Drives: BMW

Floor mats and PCD.

Sorry if this is old news, but I can't find a concrete answer to this. I'm taking delivery next month at the performance center (finally and can't wait!!)...and what's the deal with the floor mats? Do they provide them there or do I get them from the dealer? Additionally are they just plain black 1 series mats or should we be getting the ///M mats thrown in? Free of charge?? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

The answer is somewhere on here, but yes, you get the ///M style floormats as part of the PCD. Congrats on your car! Mine are sitting in a box in the garage I went with Weathertech DigitalFits.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
The PCD will charge the dealer for them.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
andrews
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrin View Post
The answer is somewhere on here, but yes, you get the ///M style floormats as part of the PCD. Congrats on your car! Mine are sitting in a box in the garage I went with Weathertech DigitalFits.
How do you like those so far? With the rain and whatnot in Seattle, I want to get rubber floor mats.
      09-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
How do you like those so far? With the rain and whatnot in Seattle, I want to get rubber floor mats.
I'm doing PCD on the 5th and have talked extensively with a couple folks there when I was trying to reschedule. When you're there, you will be given the 1M floor mats. If they're out of stock, then you will get the basic black floor mats or they will hold off giving you anything until they have the proper floor mats in stock and then they will ship them to you (just make sure to tell them that you'd prefer the 1M floor mats instead, should this ever happen). In a majority of cases they will have them in stock. You can talk to them when you're there about rubber mats or you can purchase them there (I believe), but the main point is that one set (whichever you decide), will be included and charged to the dealer, not you.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews View Post
I like them quite a bit, they fit perfectly and unlike regular floor mats or even just rubber all weathers, the mat goes up the side wall and offers 100% containment of liquid, dirt and debris. I have used them on a few cars now and they do a great job of protecting the carpet underneath.

I was able to even modify/customize it to the M by taking off the unsightly Weathertech badge and found this M badge on eBay and is almost a perfect fit. See pics below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0