BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Can someone explain what CGs Black Light Hybrid is?

I'm looking to do a full detail on my car when it arrives to get the most shine possible before winter gets here. The thing is I've never used sealants before. I'm looking into Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is? Is it a glaze, sealant, or something in between?

My plan is to glaze with Poorboys Black Hole, then use the CGs Black Light followed by CGs Hybrid V7 sealant. Would this work or am I misunderstanding something?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

I've used Black Light with the V7. The black light is a hybrid sealant. From what I've gathered it does have some glaze characteristics, which allows it to fill minor imperfections. It also is a sealant...of some sort. Used in combination with the V7 I've had good results. I would not glaze with the poorboys. I would just try the Hybrid first (2 coats), then use the V7 and see how you like it. Black light does come off very easy and the V7 seems to be streak free.
      09-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Groundzero
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Thanks for the response John. In the past I've never gotten good results from all-in-one/combo products. I did some more shopping and think I've settled on the Poorboys Black hole and Jetseal 109.

Last edited by Groundzero; 09-24-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
I've used Black Light with the V7. The black light is a hybrid sealant. From what I've gathered it does have some glaze characteristics, which allows it to fill minor imperfections. It also is a sealant...of some sort. Used in combination with the V7 I've had good results. I would not glaze with the poorboys. I would just try the Hybrid first (2 coats), then use the V7 and see how you like it. Black light does come off very easy and the V7 seems to be streak free.
Great response, I agree. TheChemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish is all the glaze you need so skip doing the Black Hole and then just follow up with the Chemical Guys HYBRID V7 - Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant. To learn more I highly recommend checking out the Chemical Guys Black Light Product Review. If you have any questions please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0