BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
ZLuxuryLife
- Legal Weenie -
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i E93 6SPD Monaco Blue

Garage List
I live in Las Vegas and my 2008 128i was involved in an accident.

Insurance company is playing dumb, so I'm stuck with repairs and all related costs.

(Planning to hire an attorney to deal with that situation, but that is a completely different matter.)

To save on labor fees, I'm taking apart the car myself, and hope to do as much work on my car as possible.

Damage is to the front only, so it appears (atm) it is all or mostly cosmetic and radiator damage.

I'm not made of money, nor am I a trust fund baby. I am a recently separated military veteran and have a moderately sized working stash that has come from student loans.

Military paying for college.
I'm still eligible for student loans.
Tuition is paid in full, so I receive all student loans to my account

(I just started attending UNLV.)

I'm looking for someone that knows about these cars or just wants to bring their tools and help out. If you are skilled and require payment, that can also be arranged. I'm just trying not to get bent over and shafted by taking the car to the manufacturer.

I just received my loans this week, so I started taking apart the car this morning.

I haven't made it too far yet!

Suggestions accepted!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Looks like you'll need a front bumper, hood and headlights, plus any of the plastics shrouds behinds them. All of these are relatively easy to change and it also gives you a chance to upgrade.

You can find a used 135i bumper or buy a 1M replica and have that painted. You could get another OEM hood(new or used) have it painted, or get a carbonfiber aftermarket equivalent and have it painted. I believe the aftermarket will be more expensive. The most expensive part of this for you is going to be the headlights, they typically go for 1k-1200ish for the pair with all of the bulbs and ballasts etc. if anything is salvageable on the back of those headlights make sure you reuse it or sell them, it's probably worth a lot.