BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
however most of their parts are replicas of what is already out there. For eg - the iCarbon spoiler is the same design as the Performance Spoiler. Also the iCarbon diffuser is virtually the same as the Performance diffuser with the addition of an extra fin. The mirrors are the same as the Performance mirrors. The iCarbon hood is exactly the same as the M3 hood, they even call it the M3 hood.
I disagree with you on everything but their spoiler. The iCarbon hood, although inspired by the M3 hood, is not a replica of the M3 hood because before iCarbon made it, it was nonexistant. The same goes for the trunk. CSL inspired, but that trunk didn't exist before either. It has similar look but was made from scratch (different dimensions, fit, everything). The same goes for everything else including the mirror caps, as they are just that, carbon fiber mirror caps. Saying these are all replicas is like calling every mesh wheel out there a replica of the CSL wheels. And they are not. Unless they are replicas.

Now, the spoiler, I agree, its a straight replica of the BMW spoiler. And its a piece I just wouldn't get from them because of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #24
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

iCarbon products have been top notch, there is no question. Just as any manufacture, there will be flaws, no one is perfect and once in a while one part gets through QC. I am certain iCarbon will stand behind their product.

We, as an iCarbon dealer, are looking forward to full production and to have everything back in stock for the 1addicts community.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 08-24-2011 at 09:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #25
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEX///M View Post
I disagree with you on everything but their spoiler. The iCarbon hood, although inspired by the M3 hood, is not a replica of the M3 hood because before iCarbon made it, it was nonexistant. The same goes for the trunk. CSL inspired, but that trunk didn't exist before either. It has similar look but was made from scratch (different dimensions, fit, everything). The same goes for everything else including the mirror caps, as they are just that, carbon fiber mirror caps. Saying these are all replicas is like calling every mesh wheel out there a replica of the CSL wheels. And they are not. Unless they are replicas.

Now, the spoiler, I agree, its a straight replica of the BMW spoiler. And its a piece I just wouldn't get from them because of it.
I never mentioned the CSL trunk once?? I said the iCarbon spoiler and mirrors were replicas and they are. The diffuser was basically the same as the performance diffuser with an extra fin. It is what it is. I'm not complaining with the designs.

Scorpione are also making replicas of oem performance parts at less than half of what iCarbon are charging. The quality has been top notch so far with zero fitment issues. I think more competition is a good thing.

Anyways, do you care to shed some light on the Starck Performance parts you have in your signature? Are they rebranded iCarbon parts? If they are, I wonder why they did that
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #26
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Dropping DTMrack + 10000000
Seems like DTMrack was very active on these forums, but after Bimmerfest went ghost.
      07-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #27
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Seems like DTMrack was very active on these forums, but after Bimmerfest went ghost.
Not at all. We're here. Just running low on iCarbon stock.

After BIMMERFEST we were actually putting all our work into PROJECT CLOCKWORK ORANGE as we helped putting it all together.

As we've always said before, we applaud iCarbon for their quality. We wish the company nothing but the best as they work towards bettering themselves and look forward to the stock we will be receiving in October.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
spellbmw
Feuertrunken
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY10 135i 6MT

Welcome back, iCarbon!

Glad to see you back and your house in order! All the best to you, Mario!
      07-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #29
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Lol, the guy says he won't buy a replica piece but has knock offs of icarbons hood and trunk. Classic. Funny he knows so much about icarbon but says next to nothing about the starck stuff. Probably because we already know what's up.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #30
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Lol, the guy says he won't buy a replica piece but has knock offs of icarbons hood and trunk. Classic. Funny he knows so much about icarbon but says next to nothing about the starck stuff. Probably because we already know what's up.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #31
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Oooh is that buttered? Pass it down.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Lol, that's what I was thinking too
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #33
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Quote:
Alright, since I have a life and don't live with my parents and moonlight as a cyberbully I'll try to keep this at a level that you can understand.

Pay attention and try to keep up honda. When a company offers you a FREE CARBON FIBER DOUBLE SIDED HOOD and a FREE DOUBLE SIDED CARBON FIBER TRUNK, you say yes. If you would apply this principle to other areas of your life, you'd have a ride worth looking at and wouldn't have to go around making insinuations and trying to be tough behind a computer screen because your 1000 miles away. Take your little Honda back to honda-tech

Quote:
Lol, that's what I was thinking too
BMW86, of course. But as you can see, within the context, things change.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
When a company offers you a FREE CARBON FIBER DOUBLE SIDED HOOD and a FREE DOUBLE SIDED CARBON FIBER TRUNK, you say yes.
It is a lot easier to like something when you don't have to pay anything for it. Wouldn't you agree?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #35
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Alright, since I have a life and don't live with my parents and moonlight as a cyberbully I'll try to keep this at a level that you can understand.

Pay attention and try to keep up honda. When a company offers you a FREE CARBON FIBER DOUBLE SIDED HOOD and a FREE DOUBLE SIDED CARBON FIBER TRUNK, you say yes. If you would apply this principle to other areas of your life, you'd have a ride worth looking at and wouldn't have to go around making insinuations and trying to be tough behind a computer screen because your 1000 miles away. Take your little Honda back to honda-tech

Nice... now back on topic, are you suggesting that the Starck m3 hood is NOT identical to the iCarbon m3 hood? Even you would have to admit, they look IDENTICAL. I am only speaking for myself but I have never seen the Starck hood and I doubt many or any members on this forum has, as a matter of fact, I haven't even see a Starck product other than the ones on your vehicles. Curious to see if they even exist....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Flex I had no idea Starck provided you with the parts for free. I was under the impression iCarbon were relaunching their brand as Starck Performance because their reputation and credibility has taken a huge dive but apparently that is not the case - according to yourself and iCarbon.

I actually asked iCarbon whether they were affiliated with Starck and they said they only worked with them on your car. Hopefully iCarbon and Starck can chime in and clear things up. If Starck is a separate company the hood is a blatant copy of the iCarbon hood, not that I am complaining. I think more competition is a good thing.

Last edited by BMW86; 07-24-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #37
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Very mature. Thank you for confirming what I already suspected. You sir, are saying that your parts are all original and not copied because you're too cool for a replica while at the same time playing naive to the fact that parts on your car if not icarbon are reps. I guess common sense makes me a bully? What does free horrible fitting parts make you?

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #38
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Quote:
Very mature. Thank you for confirming what I already suspected. You sir, are saying that your parts are all original and not copied because you're too cool for a replica while at the same time playing naive to the fact that parts on your car if not icarbon are reps. I guess common sense makes me a bully? What does free horrible fitting parts make you?
I never said they are not iCarbon reps. Or that they do not look the same.

But to answer your question "what does free horrible fitting parts make you?"

First, the parts fit amazingly, and secondly, it makes me 1addicts july's car of the month.

I suggest you lighten up. We all come on this forum to enjoy the insight and companionship of others that are just as into this as we are. The tone and demeanor of your posts is eccentric and presumptuous. Lighten up and try to enjoy the forums like the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #39
FLEX///M
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.34]
Bmw86,

Yeah, I'm guessing what they meant was that they both participated in helping in the build. I have the iCarbon seatbacks and the kidney grilles. The pieces were installed each by the company who makes them.

The little I learned from Starck during the whole build was that their primary thing are exhausts, piping, etc... But that they also make cf. I'm guessing diffusers more than anything so they will fit their exhausts. Also that everything they make is double sided.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #40
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Bmw86,

Yeah, I'm guessing what they meant was that they both participated in helping in the build. I have the iCarbon seatbacks and the kidney grilles. The pieces were installed each by the company who makes them.

The little I learned from Starck during the whole build was that their primary thing are exhausts, piping, etc... But that they also make cf. I'm guessing diffusers more than anything so they will fit their exhausts. Also that everything they make is double sided.
Ok thanks for confirming that. I hope Starck continue to make the CF parts though and I hope their fitment is better than iCarbon's. Do you know when they will be launching their products and when there will be a rep coming forward on the forum? Also, will the parts be limited to the 1M or will there be parts for the 135i?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #41
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
glad you guys are back!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #42