BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
Exclamation oil leak ,oil showing on tray below valve cover above turbos

I had a bad gasket and cracked valve cover, replaced everything hardware valve cover and gasket, rb pcv valve and installed it without a problem... seen a drop of oil under the oil lines on the oil cooler, could my oil filter housing gasket be leaking and running to the tray above turbos? anyone have something like this? gasket isn't a big deal to change but getting tired of chasing this oil leak, please any help/opinions would be great

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

My oil housing gasket was just replaced. But, I noticed the oil level dropping over the course of a month. Was still in the OK zone but dealer noticed the leak. Repair was expensive becuse of the location. Depending on the age / mileage of your car this could be your problem.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
thanks for the reply , I do all my own work including coding and stuff... I think it may be the oil filter housing gasket to the block and when I park in my drive way its on an incline{causing oil to drip back onto the downpipes, and it leans a bit to the right to}
I believe the top corner is leaking trailing across front ot the block and then getting caught on the tray, I ordered both gaskets the oil filter housing and oil cooler gasket, along with two new o rings for the oil cooler lines all shipped for 30... shouldn't take me longer then a hour to replace everything.. I have grown a hatred for stealer ships since I brought my e46 in one time 1200 in parts and a total of 5000 with labor soo screw them.. thanks for your reply though

08 e88 n54 6mt FBO 58K miles
Appreciate 0