05-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #68
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Haha. I put a nice pad under the car seat to protect the leather and it stays in the car. I would not want to take it out often so I bought one just for the car. My daily driver is a Jetta TDI and when I put my daughter in it the other day she pointed at the 1M and said, "Go in M!" When I explained we were taking the TDI she was not happy at all. It's not all fun and games though. She told me to be careful and slow down the other day. 2 years old and a back seat driver already!
Women!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #69
badwolf340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I don't mind what it says but it seems upside down to me. When the engine was hot I pulled up a corner with my fingers and it is just stuck on. I'm flipping it over the next time the engine is hot and I have the tool handy. Silly but it's bugging me.
yip ,will be changing mine as well
      05-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #70
djafactor
MINI Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 89 M3, 1M, e30 touring

Quote:
I don't mind what it says but it seems upside down to me. When the engine was hot I pulled up a corner with my fingers and it is just stuck on. I'm flipping it over the next time the engine is hot and I have the tool handy. Silly but it's bugging me.
Lol, every time I see an engine pic I think the same thing. I'll definitely be flipping mine when I get my car. You can just peel it right off when the engine is hot? What are you thinking of using to reattach it?

cheers

Amit
      05-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #71
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Maybe high temp silicone. Just got back from 3 days of racing so I want nothing to do with cars for a few days. I hear S54's in my ears constantly right now!