BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Front Control Arm Monoball Bushings - Improve handling

Hey guys

I've been keen on a set of these for a few years now, since Ive recently purchased a set of Ohlins R&T coilovrs recently I figured I'd compliment them with a set of monoball bearing bushings.

I've researched various offerings (there are a heap of Co's offering these (dinan rogue engineering millway turner MS bimmerworld etc etc) and found the GAS (german auto solutions) to be great BFYB and a solid sealed design which will provide years of trouble free use.

Why do I need these you may ask? Basically both the 135/335 and 1M and M3 all use a 'open' rubber bushing design. The ///M's have an upgraded rubber bushing which are better than the non ///M albeit basically they all allow for generous movement during steering, coupled with wear (lets face it most of our cars are getting old now) and with the sloppy non ///M bushings with wear they cause excessive deflection under heavy braking and steering input under heavy loads. The GAS mounts are a solid design thus there is no deflection which drastically improves steering feel and response due to less deflection and being able to maintain geometry under heavy load.

These fit all E8X and E9X chassis's. (1M & M3 included)

Ive managed to negotiate a good price on these mounts and they would be approx $320 AUD landed in Australia. RRP is $275 USD plus $76.15 USD for shipping downunder so a significant saving (dinan are $529 USD!)

To save costs these would be sent to one central location then distributed from there at a small cost.

Please let me know if you're interested and I can put your name down!

http://www.germanautosolutions.com/…..._monoballs.php

Price Approx $320 AUD ends Fri 23rd Feb (looking for 10 buyers in total!)

1. Shane
2. Stuart Lord
3. Vincent Lim
4. Alex Wong
5. Steve KMan
6. Immy Kamal
7. Socket
8. Tim Murray
9. Trev88
10. ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Putting it out there as an option. The spl units allow tweaking of the caster adjustment as well.

http://www.splparts.com/products/spl...x-f8x-bmw.html

Appreciate 0