BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #67
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

So what's the difference between these and Brembos or AP racing? (Apart from the price).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #68
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
So what's the difference between these and Brembos or AP racing? (Apart from the price).
The NASHIN brake calipers are a mono block design as found on the 135 but are of a more rigid design, as opposed to a two piece cast Brembo, Alcon, AP etc, you can get the Brembo race mono block system but it is a lot more expensive. Or we can supply our race forged calipers the price is a little higher.
The best thing about the Nashin kits that we offer is the two piece floating rotor, this system is fantastic you will not see this unless you purchase a full race brembo system the cost will be around $7000 for the front only, pad replacment will cost around $800 and the replacement rotor cost will be around $1800 each.
I could rabbit on about Nashin brakes forever i know how good they are but at the end of the day its your money and your choice.
Advan have been using the Nashin brake system for a fair while now mainly for our customer race cars they get a real hammering. So far we have not even changed a rotor, in the past we would change rotors every 4th or 5th race meeting at a price of $1300 each, needless to say we are all very happy
the only issue is trying to get the drivers to use less brake peddle pressure to avoid flat spotting tyres but they are learning.

The deal that we offer rite now is one not to be missed
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #69
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

additionally, i know ive seen it on the forums but now i can't find it...
what is the difference between the different pads. And how dusty are they, if OEM are a 10/10 in dustiness
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #70
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
what is the difference between the different pads. And how dusty are they, if OEM are a 10/10 in dustiness
There are three different pad compounds Street, sport, and competition the pads make about 50% less dust than the BMW system. and with the floating rotor system there is no noise.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #71
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Hey mate,

as Peter has already mentioned the "floating" rotor system employed by Nashin is quite superb, it's remarkable to find such a spaced hat and rotor peg system on a BBK that is so cost effective.

As an example there was a purpose built R32 GTR race car in the workshop on Friday being prepared for a track day at Eastern Creek. After speaking to the owner it was very clear, he absolutely hammers the car at the racetrack.

IIRC it makes about 380 rwkW on the high boost map and does 1:04's around Wakefield Park. He is running a Nashin BBK with a 355 & 330 mm "floating" rotor combination, G-Series forged calipers with "Competition" pads. Sufficed to say the braking system is tortured and it's being subjected to some extreme temperatures, however the owner of the car couldn't be happier with the reliability of the Nashin's.

I have been doing a lot of research lately on what is available for the 1 & 3 Series BMW's, yes there are a lot of other BBK's available that carry the "big name" and have proven to be very reliable, but with that big name comes big dollars too.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 08-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #72
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance
Quote:
Hey mate,

as Peter has already mentioned the "floating" rotor system employed by Nashin is quite superb, it's remarkable to find such a spaced hat and rotor peg system on a BBK that is so cost effective.

As an example there was a purpose built R32 GTR race car in the workshop on Friday being prepared for a track day at Eastern Creek. After speaking to the owner it was very clear, he absolutely hammers the car at the racetrack.

IIRC it makes about 380 rwkW on the high boost map and does 1:04's around Wakefield Park. He is running a Nashin BBK with a 355 & 330 mm "floating" rotor combination, G-Series forged calipers with "Competition" pads. Sufficed to say the braking system is tortured and it's being subjected to some extreme temperatures, however the owner of the car couldn't be happier with the reliability of the Nashin's.

I have been doing a lot of research lately on what is available for the 1 & 3 Series BMW's, yes there are a lot of other BBK's available that carry the "big name" and have proven to be very reliable, but with that big name comes big dollars too.

Cheers,

JD.
They certainly look the business too!!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #73
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
Hi,

here are the replacement costs for the "Street", "Sport" and "Competition" pads in the following caliper applications.

N1-R (2 pot),
Street: $87.50
Sport: $137.50

N3 (4 pot),
Street: $115.00
Sport: $167.50
Competition: $325.00

N5/N7 (6 pot),
Street: $142.50
Sport: $215.00
Competition: $337.50

All of the above prices are inclusive of GST, but exclusive of shipping.

The service life of both Street & Sport pads are quoted at 15,000 - 20,000 km.

The Competition pads are quoted at 10,000 km.

N.B. the pad life I have quoted above is based upon spirited driving, it's NOT indicative of normal street use.

You could expect as much as 30,000 - 40,000 km from both the Street & Sport pads under normal driving conditions.

The operating temps of the Street & Sport pads are 50 - 550 degrees Celsius and 50 - 650 degrees Celsius respectively.

The Competition pads perform optimally between 270 - 800 degrees Celsius.

The pad dusting level is quoted as being low for Street, low to moderate for Sport and as you would expect from a Competition pad with a lot of bite, dust level is quite high.

Pete is running Sport pads with his BBK, from what I have seen the dusting of his wheels is not bad at all, so for those guys that option up Sport pads I suspect wheel maintenance will not be an issue and even less of a concern when using Streets.

Lastly the prices I have quoted above are NOT inline, with the low introductory pricing we have advertised previously and our "Superlap" BBK specials.

The replacement costs are indicative of our normal retail pricing on these Nashin pads, providing the US dollar does not rally strongly they will remain as listed for some time.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #74
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

I know very few 135i owners will be running 19" wheels, especially at a track day.

As an alternative to the 380 mm front rotor setup, we are also offering a 18" wheel friendly, 355 and 345 mm 2-piece "Floating" rotor combination.

The front rotor would be 32 mm in thickness and we would use a N5 not N7 (6 piston) caliper.

The rear rotor would be 28 mm in thickness and the same N3 (4 piston) caliper would be used.

The supplied calipers will include the optioned up, "Sport" brake pad.

Lastly the BBK includes all the necessary high strength mounting brackets and fasteners for both front and rear rotors, as well as teflon lined brake lines, that are sleeved with a double layer of stainless steel.

The kit outlined above can be supplied at a "Superlap" special price of $2,995.00 inclusive of GST.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions and please note the listed price is only for the month of August.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 08-11-2012 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #75
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Here is a pic of a 355 and 330 mm 2-piece "Floating" rotor side by side.

However the calipers are not N-Series, but are the G-Series "Billet Forged" G5 and G3 calipers.

This is the same kit that is fitted to the R32 GTR race car I spoke of before.

That being said the N-Series "Mono-block" calipers as supplied with the kit we have advertised, are more than up to the task of any track day for a street driven vehicle.

The G-Series calipers are designed to withstand the extreme temperatures generated, after 10 laps or more when hot lapping a race car, whilst using comp' brake pads.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 10-15-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #76
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
The NASHIN brake calipers are a mono block design as found on the 135 but are of a more rigid design, as opposed to a two piece cast Brembo, Alcon, AP etc, you can get the Brembo race mono block system but it is a lot more expensive. Or we can supply our race forged calipers the price is a little higher.
The best thing about the Nashin kits that we offer is the two piece floating rotor, this system is fantastic you will not see this unless you purchase a full race brembo system the cost will be around $7000 for the front only, pad replacment will cost around $800 and the replacement rotor cost will be around $1800 each.
I could rabbit on about Nashin brakes forever i know how good they are but at the end of the day its your money and your choice.
Advan have been using the Nashin brake system for a fair while now mainly for our customer race cars they get a real hammering. So far we have not even changed a rotor, in the past we would change rotors every 4th or 5th race meeting at a price of $1300 each, needless to say we are all very happy
the only issue is trying to get the drivers to use less brake peddle pressure to avoid flat spotting tyres but they are learning.

The deal that we offer rite now is one not to be missed
Just want to point out some incorrect facts in the post.

Brembo's BBK for 135i is their GT with cast monobloc callipers and 2 piece floating rotor. It is not a race monobloc. A Brembo Race System for the 135i will be much more than 7k, as the GTR fronts are already 8k even if you get it from the US. Brembo's are application specific and two pieces Brembo should not be used on our cars.

Stoptech's BBK for 135i is a two piece cast, but it also utilise a two piece floating rotor.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #77
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Just want to point out some incorrect facts in the post.

Brembo's BBK for 135i is their GT with cast monobloc callipers and 2 piece floating rotor. It is not a race monobloc. A Brembo Race System for the 135i will be much more than 7k, as the GTR fronts are already 8k even if you get it from the US. Brembo's are application specific and two pieces Brembo should not be used on our cars.

Stoptech's BBK for 135i is a two piece cast, but it also utilise a two piece floating rotor.

I dont think i have missinformed anyone about anything here, If you have $$$$$$$$$ to burn just buy the BREMBO i wont loose any sleep, Justin mite .
What i can say is i have fitted brakes to many race cars over the years, some just track day cars and others the real deal as in open cheque book stuff.
I have seen it all been there done that as a driver and car builder. Weather you spend $1 on Nashin or $10,000 on some other brand its all good.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #78
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
I dont think i have missinformed anyone about anything here, If you have $$$$$$$$$ to burn just buy the BREMBO i wont loose any sleep, Justin mite .
What i can say is i have fitted brakes to many race cars over the years, some just track day cars and others the real deal as in open cheque book stuff.
I have seen it all been there done that as a driver and car builder. Weather you spend $1 on Nashin or $10,000 on some other brand its all good.
As I stated in my post, those facts have no relevance in what you are trying to say. However, facts are facts, I will call it if they are incorrect. You might think it is not relevant, but it might be relevant to someone else who is reading this forum.

From the praise from all the people who have dealt with you before, I don't think you have misinformed anyone on purpose, but I have no other way to describe giving out wrong facts from a vendor.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #79
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
As I stated in my post, those facts have no relevance in what you are trying to say. However, facts are facts, I will call it if they are incorrect. You might think it is not relevant, but it might be relevant to someone else who is reading this forum.

From the praise from all the people who have dealt with you before, I don't think you have misinformed anyone on purpose, but I have no other way to describe giving out wrong facts from a vendor.
I must have missed somthing here i really have no idea what you are on about will some one shine a light ?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
dreamsleeper08
DREAMSLEELPER
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I E90

Good day Advan team.

I would like to get some pricing on the Nashin BBK's for my 07' e90 335i. The car has some performance mods (sways, ecu flash, down-pipe, chrg pipe, I/cooler, oil-cooler, etc & I do take it to the track 5-6 times each year. I've been running Hawk HP-Plus pads on it this summer & cannot deal with the constant squealing everywhere I go. Maybe I did not put enough anti-squeal goo on them when I installed them. Now it seems I need to swap pads every time I go to & from the track to enjoy my car to its fullest extent & I don't have the time or proper tools at my home, making it even more of a burden to deal with. That said, I would also like to know what the process is to swap pads in/out for these brakes, since it appears the caliper must be removed as typical to our OEM calipers. One of the pros to purchasing a bbk is the simplicity of pad swaps - IMO. Unfortunately like most everyone else out there - I cannot afford to drop $4-7k to obtain one of these brand name kits & don't feel comfortable buying a BBK like K-sport just to save money.

Odd spending as much as I have over the last few years on this car & now that I've reached the brakes, its such a debacle on which way to go... Any assistance you could provide me with would be much appreciated. Please include the current pricing for any options you suggest & let me know how long the promo is scheduled to last. My zip code for shipping costs is 48170.

Love to get a set on the car for my last couple of track days this year.

Cheers! (Adam)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #81
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Maybe have a look at a Stoptech kit. I think pad changes take 5 minutes with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #82
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsleeper08 View Post
Good day Advan team.

I would like to get some pricing on the Nashin BBK's for my 07' e90 335i. The car has some performance mods (sways, ecu flash, down-pipe, chrg pipe, I/cooler, oil-cooler, etc & I do take it to the track 5-6 times each year. I've been running Hawk HP-Plus pads on it this summer & cannot deal with the constant squealing everywhere I go. Maybe I did not put enough anti-squeal goo on them when I installed them. Now it seems I need to swap pads every time I go to & from the track to enjoy my car to its fullest extent & I don't have the time or proper tools at my home, making it even more of a burden to deal with. That said, I would also like to know what the process is to swap pads in/out for these brakes, since it appears the caliper must be removed as typical to our OEM calipers. One of the pros to purchasing a bbk is the simplicity of pad swaps - IMO. Unfortunately like most everyone else out there - I cannot afford to drop $4-7k to obtain one of these brand name kits & don't feel comfortable buying a BBK like K-sport just to save money.

Odd spending as much as I have over the last few years on this car & now that I've reached the brakes, its such a debacle on which way to go... Any assistance you could provide me with would be much appreciated. Please include the current pricing for any options you suggest & let me know how long the promo is scheduled to last. My zip code for shipping costs is 48170.

Love to get a set on the car for my last couple of track days this year.

Cheers! (Adam)
Hey Adam,

thank you for your enquiry.

If you are running 19" wheels, I would recommend the 380 x 34 mm /345 x 28 mm "Floating" rotor, 6 piston/4 piston "Mono-block" caliper BBK we have installed on our shop-car, with the use of the "Sport" version of pads as apposed to the "Street" pads the N-Series calipers are normally pre-loaded with.

That particular kit will require you to remove the caliper, if you wish to swap out the brake pad, however the Nashin "Sport" brake pads I recommend appear to be quite street friendly, they do not squeal and dusting is not bad at all. Most importantly they should certainly handle your circuit racing requirements and will negate the need of a track-day pad swap.

The kit outlined above, can be supplied ONLY to the US or Canada at a "Superlap" special price of $2,945.00 AUD, (exclusive of shipping, direct to the US or Canada from Taiwan).

I suspect shipping would be no more than $700.00 USD. However I will obtain an accurate figure next week and the above pricing is only valid for the month of August.

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 08-13-2012 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #83
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey Gents,

as a continuation of our "Time Attack/Superlap" special here is a selection of BBK's that are suitable for a variety of applications.

The retail price shown is in AUD and inclusive of GST, however it does not include shipment outside of Sydney or fitment.

Lastly the below kits do not include a complementary set of replacement brake pads, however BBK's 1, 2 & 3 will be supplied with the "Sport" version of pads, pre-loaded in the caliper, as apposed to the "Street" pads they would normally ship with.

Cheers,

JD.

BBK #1, (19" wheel required).

Front: 380 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N7 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Sport" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Sport" pads
Retail: P.O.A.

BBK #2, (possibly 18" wheel compatible, may require 19" wheel).

Front: 370 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Sport" pads
Rear: 345 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Sport" pads

BBK # 3, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 2-piece Floating rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Sport" pads

BBK # 4, (18" wheel compatible).

Front: 355 mm 1-piece fixed rotor/N5 (6 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 345 mm 1-piece fixed rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

BBK # 5, (17" wheel compatible).

Front: 345 mm 1-piece fixed rotor/N3 (4 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads
Rear: 330 mm 1-piece fixed rotor/N1R (2 piston) Mono-block caliper with "Street" pads

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-02-2014 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #84
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

I got something and it goes thumping like this
All you need is my uhn tiss

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #85
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Hey Kenny mate if you have nothing to do you can drag your car out from the basement and clean the dam thing, while your there get GYPSY the shop dog i have been told she loves to lick things and she may even give you a hand .

Last edited by Kiwi Peter; 08-12-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #86
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat
Hey Kenny mate if you have nothing to do you can drag your car out from the basement and clean the dam thing, while you there get GYPSY the shop dog i have been told she loves to lick things she may even give you a hand.
Pete how did you chaps go at the show?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #87
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Cold,cold,cold for two days i didn't want to be there, but it was worth it as we have sold many brake kits the JDM guys were lining up to pay there deposits
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #88
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Cold,cold,cold for two days i didn't want to be there, but it was worth it as we have sold many brake kits the JDM guys were lining up to pay there deposits
Congrats
Appreciate 0