BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #1
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

Which Sydney dealer is best to Clam WARRANTY?? RANT!!

Anyone on here have a bad experiance with Warranty clams from there local dealerships?
After Speaking to my service rep, seem like my dealership would try do everthing possible to void clams under warranty and feed us a load of shit.

Get this right. My car is at Trivett BMW for a warranty clam- car was leaking oil and a new oil gasket had to be replaced.
Ive also told them im expericing power loss. Get a phone call one afternoon, explaning what was coverd under warranty and not. The power loss was due to a crack in the charge pipe just before the sensors attaches. I had a after market DROP IN AIR filter (Not a whole instake system.) because of that Trivett BMW would not cover my clam, was told I had pay for a new one @ $750. The argument was, how can a Air filter crack a charge pipe, epsically when its at the end of the intake- no where near the filter. Then service rep took a step back and said someone must of lent on it or something - in reply, only person who works on my engine are you guys at Trivett.

Long story short I Msg and made a enquiry to BMW AUSTRALIA (on FACEBOOK lol) how can a air filter crack a Charge pipe, In reply they ask for my email and vin number yesterday afternoon 3pm, by 5:30pm recieve a call from Trivett saying they have just got off the phone from head office and will replace the Pipe with no charge.

Mark is the service mangager @ Trivett who I think is a tool. Im sure he is the one who keeps the gate lock from warranty claims.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Good to hear you got it sorted. Do you run a tune? Should've taken this opportunity to get an ER charge pipe (with meth bungs of course).
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i never understood dealers denying warranty claims, as they just invoice bmw HQ anyway?

Although I did hear that essentially there profit margin is next to nothing on warranty work so some SA's try to push to get the customer to pay there own way...

TBH just buy a aftermarket CP?

That's crazy the price they've quoted haha
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:51 AM   #4
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Good to hear you got it sorted. Do you run a tune? Should've taken this opportunity to get an ER charge pipe (with meth bungs of course).
I was going to purchase an aftermarket one but i thought to myself why not take advantage of the remaining 4 days of my warranty lol oh and I needed my car running as normal for this week after waiting 9 weeks for my new Enkie RS05RR.

I just have BMW performance tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
i never understood dealers denying warranty claims, as they just invoice bmw HQ anyway?

Although I did hear that essentially there profit margin is next to nothing on warranty work so some SA's try to push to get the customer to pay there own way...

TBH just buy a aftermarket CP?

That's crazy the price they've quoted haha
I have new wheels coming with in couple of day and cannot wait another 2-3 weeks

I would think that aswell.. could be a monthly target trying to achieve, or just to keep a good rapport with they guys up in the ranks.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:22 AM   #5
martymil
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: Garage is to big to list.

I never had any claim problem with Canterbury BMW but getting through to them is a biatch
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
COZ01M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Trivett parramatta?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #7
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Get the new CP and keep it as a spare for when you buy an aftermarket metal one (with meth and nitrous bungs lol). Nice work.
      05-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
duongma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 135i

Sorry off topic - ish but what is the best CP if you dont plan on running a BOV/meth? Or should you just get a CP which allows you to have both of them later if you choose to? :P
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #9
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by duongma
Sorry off topic - ish but what is the best CP if you dont plan on running a BOV/meth? Or should you just get a CP which allows you to have both of them later if you choose to? :P
Hmmm, from memory you need to use an aftermarket diverter valve or BoV if you use an aftermarket CP due to the connection the OE DVs use. I might be wrong but if I am, definitely the aftermarket DVs and BoVs use different sized connections as well.

In regards to meth bungs definitely just get 2 meth bungs while you're at it. They should come with a screw in stopper so you can always add or not add meth/nitrous later when you want to.
      05-01-2014, 03:58 AM   #10
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COZ01M View Post
Trivett parramatta?
Yes it was Parramatta.
always play hard ball with me. I feel anxious everytime I go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Get the new CP and keep it as a spare for when you buy an aftermarket metal one (with meth and nitrous bungs lol). Nice work.
that was the planned.. but in kinda broke after getting my wheels, f+r pads and rotors, Y-pipe, rego, tyres, GF birthday with in the last month LOL
Appreciate 0