BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Wink Review

So guys finally got to test the cars new setup. it's amazing car stays planted hanging turns no shakes at all from the rear end. Steering response is stellar. To me I really can't tell the difference in road noise or vibrations with the new Subframe bushing. The Konis are set at 50% front and back the swift springs give the perfect drop IMO. This is how the car should have came from the factory. I could only imagine how much better the car could be with an LSD. I'm a happy camper folks. Money well spent, next on the list is a FMIC and charge pipe!
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Car looks great glad the handling is on point now, good job!!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #25
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks Rukuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Car looks great glad the handling is on point now, good job!!
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
jafo1701
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 2016 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
Money well spent, next on the list is a FMIC and charge pipe!
I got the ETS FMIC and Charge Pipe. Easy install and works great.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I think your car should be pretty similar to an M3, or possible a bit firmer. The shorter wheelbase isn't a bad thing either IMO. Your choice of mods sounds ideal to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks I really love the set up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I think your car should be pretty similar to an M3, or possible a bit firmer. The shorter wheelbase isn't a bad thing either IMO. Your choice of mods sounds ideal to me.
I think the set up is perfect for daily driving and for the weekend autocross events. My oldest brother has both the M6 and M5 both 2007s and he drove it last night and was surprised how good the car handled compared to the stock set up with run flats
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #29
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Looking good!
      09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #30
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Looking good!
Love these rims
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #31
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
So guys finally got to test the cars new setup. it's amazing car stays planted hanging turns no shakes at all from the rear end. Steering response is stellar. To me I really can't tell the difference in road noise or vibrations with the new Subframe bushing. The Konis are set at 50% front and back the swift springs give the perfect drop IMO. This is how the car should have came from the factory. I could only imagine how much better the car could be with an LSD. I'm a happy camper folks. Money well spent, next on the list is a FMIC and charge pipe!
How do you like the suspension after a couple more months of driving?

Let us know if we could help you with your FMIC and CP purchase.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #32
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post

+1
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
dji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008

I just bought this setup from HPA. I like it so much. Pretty nice drop, very smooth ride even in the harsh road of Montreal, Canada. Not doubt that's better than my old PSS9. Combine with my lsd I just miss the M3 bits now to be more than happy with the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #34
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm still loving it!

Quote:

Car is just on another level then before it actually feels like a sports car when taking turns and off ramps, not to mention the rubber band effect is completely gone! And I do need to get that FMIC and charge pipe
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #35
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dji View Post
I just bought this setup from HPA. I like it so much. Pretty nice drop, very smooth ride even in the harsh road of Montreal, Canada. Not doubt that's better than my old PSS9. Combine with my lsd I just miss the M3 bits now to be more than happy with the car.
Glad to hear your enjoying it. I'd love to get an LSD the car has got to feel so planted around turns
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #36
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:

Car is just on another level then before it actually feels like a sports car when taking turns and off ramps, not to mention the rubber band effect is completely gone! And I do need to get that FMIC and charge pipe
I plan to just do Koni yellow and swift spring without M3 bits and subframe bushing, what do you think? Will stock subframe bushing hold on that stiff rear spring rate? Also, how's the bounce of the front setup? I'm planning to get one after camber plates to reduce the bumpiness that cause rubbing
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #37
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
I plan to just do Koni yellow and swift spring without M3 bits and subframe bushing, what do you think? Will stock subframe bushing hold on that stiff rear spring rate? Also, how's the bounce of the front setup? I'm planning to get one after camber plates to reduce the bumpiness that cause rubbing
Yeah it should be fine with the koni and swift springs, the car is smoother over bumps now. Performance wise for the money it's got to be the best bang for your buck when comparing to other set ups.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #38
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:
Yeah it should be fine with the koni and swift springs, the car is smoother over bumps now. Performance wise for the money it's got to be the best bang for your buck when comparing to other set ups.
Is it fine if I paired that setup with Dinan plates? Because my front setup is slightly rub under highway bumps or overpass bumps so camber plates will be my priority. So its the best bang for the buck compared to others? How do you adjust the rear shock? I saw on HPA that you might required TCK rear external adjustable shock
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #39
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
You could do whiteline bushing inserts as well, instead of full replacement subframe bushings, for a pretty low cost option.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #40
dji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008

With the lsd, the koni and swift spring the car dont spin but the rear wiggle like never before. Everyone say the m3 bushing is ok but still have some loose in the bushing. Do you think the aluminium one is too nvh for the road?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #41
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Quote:
You could do whiteline bushing inserts as well, instead of full replacement subframe bushings, for a pretty low cost option.
I know it but the labor is too intensive just for the bushing itself because I'm planning on shock and spring setup as well. Unless they can hook me up on a great price. Because I got a quote just for Dinan plate including alignment for $450, without the part of course
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #42
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is it fine if I paired that setup with Dinan plates? Because my front setup is slightly rub under highway bumps or overpass bumps so camber plates will be my priority. So its the best bang for the buck compared to others? How do you adjust the rear shock? I saw on HPA that you might required TCK rear external adjustable shock
Yeah you won't have an issue with the dinan plates at all, and you can adjust the shocks by taking them off in the rear and compressing them and turning clock wise or counter clock wise, but for the extra bucks you can get the ones you can adjust while there still on the car it's not much higher of a price at all. Unless your getting a really nice set of coilovers(2k+) the koni'a with swift springs can't be beat..and let's say down the road you want to switch to coilovers Harold from HP sells the kit to turn the Koni yellows into a full blown coilover set up.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #43
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Everyone's tolerance is different

Quote:
Originally Posted by dji View Post
With the lsd, the koni and swift spring the car dont spin but the rear wiggle like never before. Everyone say the m3 bushing is ok but still have some loose in the bushing. Do you think the aluminium one is too nvh for the road?
Btw what do you have your rear koni set at? Idk if I'd take the jump as of now my set up with the M3 bits and swift springs to me is the perfect setup for a daily driven car whats your suspension set up?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #44
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
I know it but the labor is too intensive just for the bushing itself because I'm planning on shock and spring setup as well. Unless they can hook me up on a great price. Because I got a quote just for Dinan plate including alignment for $450, without the part of course
I mean inserts, not full bushings. You can get the whiteline inserts for like $45 and the install is around an hour (or less). There is a DIY here posted on this website.
Appreciate 0