BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Thumbs up Suggestions for mods & R-compounds?

Here's what I've done:
  • Oil catch can
  • Aluminum pedals
  • Front splitters.
Here's what's in the mail, on its way to me:
  • MadDad axle-back exhaust
  • Tune (JB3)
  • Dual cone intake
Here's what I could to next:
In the near future:
  • Before hitting Laguna Seca in August, I'd like to get some lighter wheels and R-compound tires. For the price, Breyton's sound like a good option. I'd like to maybe do a square setup, but rolling the front fendors to accommodate 245's sounds scary. Never rolled fenders before. I might just do the standard 225 and 255 setup. Any thoughts on that? Any suggestions on R-compunds? Basically, these would be used for autoX and track days only. For daily tires, I'll probably get some S.Drives or Star Specs for my stock wheels. $$$
In the distant future:
  • Coilovers or Springs (not sure yet). But with all the power mods I'm going to have to do some suspension work. $$$
  • Larger intercooler. $$
  • Midpipes. Not really sure about this one. Removing the secondary cats means it might be annoyingly loud. $
Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Anything out of order here?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Oh and before anyone suggests it- downpipes are one step further than I really want to go. I don't like the idea of not being able to pass a smog test without going to my mechanic before and after.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
bluemoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

For the track I like the Toyo R888's but until you upgrade your suspension you may want to consider running a good street tire (Star Spec Z1's, RE-11's etc) as R-comps may prove too much (lots of body roll) for the stock suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
kirby135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

front sway makes a big diff
Appreciate 0