BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
Quarter Mile
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

My 08 1er is testing my patience

So, I got the car back from my daughter, whom is ok with normal maintenance but obviously not this car.
BMW wanted $7816 to replace all the injectors (misfire on cylinder 3)
And do the valve cleaning. They also said there was a leak at the base of the oil filter housing and would have to disassemble half the engine to get to it.

I have replaced all the coils. No more misfire. I looked everywhere for an oil leak at the filter housing, I can't find anything. The valve cleaning I can do myself for about $100 in walnut shells and /or baking soda.

AND, to top it off. The dealershit left the rear housing cover off my drivers side headlight. It got soaked and my Xenon quit working as well as my headlight aiming system is showing a fault. I took it apart, cleaned all the residue out of the bottom from the ballast and motor control boards and my lights work now but my headlight aiming is still showing a fault.
This was a Penske branded dealer.
They denied touching the light.

One more issue. I took the seats out to clean the car and my passenger seat is showing a restraint, air bag or tensioner not working fault. I double checked the connections, big yellow one and small piggyback 2 wire and both seem fine. Does the seat sensor affect the airbag system if it is malfunctioning? Where is it located?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Quarter Mile
Rep

I almost forgot one thing. On the Fuel injectors, the long number I wrote down is: 1353 7585261-07
Does the last 2 digits indicate the index number?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #3
Quarter Mile
Rep

Thank you for all the helpful tips and replies to my post

Amen
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
ssgtcarroll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135I

Yes you want -12 and that quote from BMW is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

with 7,816 you could get a whole second motor and build it. they want that just for injectors? what a bunch of clowns. I would have literally laughed in their face if they told me that quote
      05-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Suprgnat
Слава Украине!
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i LMB 6MT ZMP Slicktop

Garage List
2013 128i  [9.58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
Thank you for all the helpful tips and replies to my post
Amen
Kinda harsh, given that it's only been a little over 21 hours since your OP.
PA135i967.50
      12-17-2021, 12:33 AM   #7
soursha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90, E90 328i, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
So, I got the car back from my daughter, whom is ok with normal maintenance but obviously not this car.
BMW wanted $7816 to replace all the injectors (misfire on cylinder 3)
And do the valve cleaning. They also said there was a leak at the base of the oil filter housing and would have to disassemble half the engine to get to it.

I have replaced all the coils. No more misfire. I looked everywhere for an oil leak at the filter housing, I can't find anything. The valve cleaning I can do myself for about $100 in walnut shells and /or baking soda.

AND, to top it off. The dealershit left the rear housing cover off my drivers side headlight. It got soaked and my Xenon quit working as well as my headlight aiming system is showing a fault. I took it apart, cleaned all the residue out of the bottom from the ballast and motor control boards and my lights work now but my headlight aiming is still showing a fault.
This was a Penske branded dealer.
They denied touching the light.

One more issue. I took the seats out to clean the car and my passenger seat is showing a restraint, air bag or tensioner not working fault. I double checked the connections, big yellow one and small piggyback 2 wire and both seem fine. Does the seat sensor affect the airbag system if it is malfunctioning? Where is it located?
Injectors are a simple DIY and you could have someone code them for you or download Protools to code them. Buy some Index 12s and DIY it. If it's cylinder 3 that's misfiring, just replace 1,2, and 3 or bank a injectors to save you some money. I would take the car and tell them about the error they caused with the headlight and have them replace it because of their negligence. Tell them you'll take it up with BMW if they don't.
Appreciate 0