E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Did mess up by not getting Sports Package???

06-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #23
bimmer san diego
Rep
Drives: bmw 740iL

E90 wheel/tires

I ordered the sports package and seriously considered custom wheel/tile combo. Spoke with a friend who manages a tire outlet. He drives a 545 and knows his stuff. He looked up what run flat 19" tires there are and it gets real expensive and short wear life. He recommended to stick with stock and I listened.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #24
YYimports
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TitanSilver E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer san diego
I ordered the sports package and seriously considered custom wheel/tile combo. Spoke with a friend who manages a tire outlet. He drives a 545 and knows his stuff. He looked up what run flat 19" tires there are and it gets real expensive and short wear life. He recommended to stick with stock and I listened.
Congrats on your car. I just wanna add that altho BMW advertises that the E90 suspension is designed for use with runflats, people have already put non-run-flat tires on the car and have suffered no adverse handling effects. So, there may not be a need to stick with run-flats afterall and to suffer the extra costs of getting them (especially in the larger sizes - 18", 19", 20'").
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #25
arnie
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d auto

sport pack

hi the sport suspension is 15mm lower in ride height than the normal suspension, it does make a big difference to the looks of the car, gives it a more aggressive appearance, get the sport package, u won't be sorry.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #26
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Anyone know what the difference is between the sport and non-sport suspension? In my Mini it was just different springs, so IŽd be surprised if it was anything different in the 3. If that is the case, then buying aftermarket springs will match or exceed what BMW offers and like I said earlier, I am sure some people will be selling their springs after they upgrade to aftermarket springs/shocks. I know I sold mine from my Mini after switching to AC Schnitzer springs.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #27
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOO
Anyone know what the difference is between the sport and non-sport suspension? In my Mini it was just different springs, so IŽd be surprised if it was anything different in the 3. If that is the case, then buying aftermarket springs will match or exceed what BMW offers and like I said earlier, I am sure some people will be selling their springs after they upgrade to aftermarket springs/shocks. I know I sold mine from my Mini after switching to AC Schnitzer springs.
It's more than just springs. The sports shocks are tuned more aggressively for better handling too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #28
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrady
It's more than just springs. The sports shocks are tuned more aggressively for better handling too.
I don't think the shocks are different. Both SP and nonSP both have the same shocks. The only difference is the springs. Since they are only lowering the car slightly (15mm?), they didn't have to use different shocks. If you are lowering your car more aggresively, then you should always get matched springs/shocks, or better yet, coilovers. I don't see spending the money on the SP if you end up going for different rims/suspension right after. Save your 1600 bucks and get some really nice seats (Sparcos?).
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #29
andylee97
say no to drugs
Rep
Drives: 330i

If that is true then my dealer is trying to rip me off then. I wanted to lower my car using the S/P parts and told me that i need the whole nine yards, shocks and springs and and bunch of stuff that i never heard off. i just want to lower my car a little so i can put on the 162 with it looking silly
Appreciate 0