BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Moving to Mississippi, any 1Addicts from there?

Hi, my name is Josh though I go by Novator here on the forums. I have been here since early 2008 but I have lived almost the past 5 years on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. I am PCSing to Mississippi at the end of May to Biloxi, Mississippi and was curious if there are any fellow 1Addicts in the area whether it actually be in Mississipii, Louisianna, or Alabama.

I don't know much about where I am moving to other that there is a drag strip in Gulfport. Are there any public race tracks also in the area? I have been limited to autocross here in Hawaii and though I am definitely looking forward to hitting up a drag strip for the first time I would love to tear up some corners at a nearby track. Anyone part of SCCA in the Mississippi area?

Does anyone know of any BMW dealerships in Mississippi or near Biloxi? I don't know of any shops so any recommendations would be much appreciated. Here in Hawaii we have only one dealership (two if you count the Maui one which is on another island of its own). Other than that I have only had A&A and BME for independent BMW repair shops though I have never had to use them as most of the work done to my car has either been covered under warranty or I could do myself at a hobby shop or friends house.

I look forward to moving back to mainland USA and not getting ticketed for going 70 on the highway. Max speed in Hawaii is 60 (H-3) with most roads being 35-45 mph and the highway average of 55. Also what is the highest octane gas in the Mississippi area? Here it is 92, while in California it is 91 and maybe 94 in some places. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you next month.
      05-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
about350
The Stig
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Hey Trey here,
our SCCA region is the Mississippi region lol, www.msscca.org is the website. Our next event is at Columbus AFB in North MS on may 21-22. Its about 4 hours north of you. As for regional tracks, New Orleans is currently building an extremely nice and huge track. Google NOLA motorsports. There are a few tracks in North Alabama: Barber Motorsports Park (just held the Alabama INDY Grand Prix) and Talladega Grandprix raceway. Both tracks have a good amount of track days. Barber even has BMWCCA trackday events. An average Barber event will cost about 300 for 1 day and 600ish for two. Talladega is about 100-150 a day, event cheaper if you pay with a club.
I have lived in MS all my life and have alot of friends in gulfport area if you need anything just let me know.
Mississippi has 93 octane as our premium.
The city and county police will ususlly let little things slide or let you off with warnings, but state troopers are a different story.

Last edited by about350; 05-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
about350
The Stig
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Just found Oktoberfest will be held Oct 10-16 at Barber Motorsports park. Its a solid week of BMW fun if you can make it ....track days, autox, car shows, gymkana, and road rallys.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Looking forward to this.
      09-29-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
pleasedeleteme92
United_States
Rep
Drives: k

Garage List
Hey there!

In Biloxi? Too funny. I'm in Gulfport. Blue water 135i w/m-sport here. Hope to see your 1st out and around sometime. Mine is in the shop for the moment. But will be back on the road soon. See ya!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Pleased to meet you Doug, I think I have seen your 135i a few times, hard to mistake a color like yours You might have seen me too around the area in an Imola Rot E46 M3 with black wheels. I started a car club not too long ago after moving here if you would like to join (European Motor Gruppe). The link is the following: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/EuropeanMotorGroup/
At the moment its mostly BMWs with the exception of Ricky's VW and my wife's MINI Cooper S, but with the ways things are here in Mississippi I didn't want to limit the group to just BMWs. As for the BMWs in the group there is my E46 M3, Jeff's supercharged M3, Garret's E9x M3, Richie's Z3M Coupe, and a few new guys who haven't added their photos or joined the facebook page yet. This past weekend we just had a meet during Cruising the Coast at Edgewater Mall and we will be meeting again this Saturday on October 8th in the Hard Rock Parking garage (second to last level usually, depends on available parking and *******. Richie is going to Oktoberfest on the 14th I believe and I will be attending the 1/2 mile drags in Destin, FL on the 22nd. Richie is also getting together a Street Survival and possible autocross setup for Keesler Air Force base. If you're interested we need volunteers to kick things off.
      10-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
135iiiiii
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 135i ///M Sport

There are a few of us in New Orleans, LA that do some of the local events. Biloxi isn't that far
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Let me know when your next event is as I am sure there are a few guys here who wouldn't mind a trip to NOLA to meet some other Bimmerheads