BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew517 View Post
I just read some articles that they addressed Koni is co-developer of BMW Performance, however, the product is proven better that stock suspension as they are stiffer but did not scarifying driveability and comfort. Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

BTW, I also plan to upgrade my suspension kit to BMW PS.
There have been LOTS of past threads on this fact. That the BMW Performance suspension is very streetable but yet firms up the car for sporty spirited driving. PLUS... it comes with all the little things you need to install it. PLUS... it is the cheapest suspension out there. PLUS it comes with a warranty. What more could you want?

I think for the street... the BMW Performance suspension IS the way to go.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
CMSS2000
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew517 View Post
I just read some articles that they addressed Koni is co-developer of BMW Performance
The article I read said the BMW PS was co-developed with KW.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #25
vitig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Now i´m good whit bilstein b8 and OEM springs.Whit eibach the way was bad.

I think that eibach pro kit don´t be adjusted to this car and lowering too much.
135ijb3, h & r filter, SSK, CDV,clutch stop, klracing fmic,seccond catted ,225-255 michelin ps3, E93F-E92R swaybars.M3 parts front.M3 tension rear.Plates mod(F-2,0º R-1,5º).Bilstein + stock springs.Ps rotors.Subframe bushings.Weichers fstruut.Finally mods sdiff and raceland dp.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #26
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
KW is essentially double the cost. If not more.
KW V1s are about $1300. Installation is around $700 including ride height adjustment and alignment.

They are worth every penny. Why would one change the suspension and go for something cheap? Even the 1 is not a cheap car, why not save a little extra cash and go for a suspension you'd be happy with. I have put a variety of suspensions on cars, and it seems you get exactly what you pay for. I wanted to control the ride height on the 128, and did not want the rice rocket look. I did not need to adjust other settings, just height, so the V1s seemed a great choice. After tonight's ride hoke through DC and Rock Creek, I think I made a good choice.

Personally, not impressed with Eibach springs, becuase the cars Imhave ridden with them seem harsh.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 04:24 AM   #27
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Stock 1 series suspension is already harsh. If you drop your car, obviously it gets harsher.
Getting rid of RFT is next choice for you.
Swap to Koni FSD maybe?
Appreciate 0