BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #45
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
No, there are no good teenage drivers. None. Not a one.

There are, however, a lot of teenage drivers who THINK they are good.

Agreed, but I will say that I have yet to see a terrible German teen driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #46
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:

I mess up sometimes but on the whole im a much better driver than most people on the road. But everybody messes up from time to time. I just always have an escape route when shit goes down.

I guess I just had a better start than most people...my dad raced a Ford Racing powered 302 Mustang in SCCA and Trans AM and he was always an ass about paying attention to every minute detail.

Thats what you need tho and thats what most kids dont get. They think that they can drive two ton death machines with less attention than a jock gives to his "gf" in bed on prom night.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #47
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:

U Don't make any smart comments do u... I was a teen and I have been in no accidents.. I have dodged other people but no accidents... Also at a teen you can take advantage of some really great driving classes... But personally when you drive you have to be BRAVE and think LOGICALLY.. and you should be safe...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #48
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
Agreed, but I will say that I have yet to see a terrible German teen driver.
???? What.. I have seen some ridiculous driving accidents on youtube with dumb kids doing 150+ in crappy old benzes/ BMWs or Audis...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #49
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
???? What.. I have seen some ridiculous driving accidents on youtube with dumb kids doing 150+ in crappy old benzes/ BMWs or Audis...

Not to say there aren't any terrible German drivers, I just haven't seen any. The Germans have a rather extensive driver's education program compared to what we get in the US, amongst many other driving infractions. I wasn't a terrible driver as a teen, but I wasn't good either. Driving is a skill that usually gets better as you age.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #50
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Apollo 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I mess up sometimes but on the whole im a much better driver than most people on the road. But everybody messes up from time to time. I just always have an escape route when shit goes down.

I guess I just had a better start than most people...my dad raced a Ford Racing powered 302 Mustang in SCCA and Trans AM and he was always an ass about paying attention to every minute detail.

Thats what you need tho and thats what most kids dont get. They think that they can drive two ton death machines with less attention than a jock gives to his "gf" in bed on prom night.
Precisely! My dad also raced when he was young, and one of the things he tought me was to watch what i do, and be even more carful with what others are doing. If you pay attention to what the hell you are doing you should be fine. The dudes that say that there are no good teenage drivers don't know what the hell they are on about.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #51
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlauCow View Post
Not to say there aren't any terrible German drivers, I just haven't seen any. The Germans have a rather extensive driver's education program compared to what we get in the US, amongst many other driving infractions. I wasn't a terrible driver as a teen, but I wasn't good either. Driving is a skill that usually gets better as you age.
Yes I agree totally...

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #52
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haagen-Dazs View Post
Precisely! My dad also raced when he was young, and one of the things he tought me was to watch what i do, and be even more carful with what others are doing. If you pay attention to what the hell you are doing you should be fine. The dudes that say that there are no good teenage drivers don't know what the hell they are on about.
Couldn't have said it any better..

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #53
E46toE90
Sparkling Graphite Metallic FTW
Rep
Drives: lci m-sport e90 n55

that sucks but i honestly feel like the car held up pretty good to the hit
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #54
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toE90 View Post
that sucks but i honestly feel like the car held up pretty good to the hit
We will see once I finally get it into the body shop this week. Sucks waiting around for the adjuster's report when you don't take your car to one of the insurance company's "certified" body shops.
      09-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #55
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
16-25 year old men do cause more fatal car accidents than anybody else. But since they also cause twice as many fatal accidents as 16-25 year old women, I think the reason is not just inexperience, but probably even more, aggressiveness and risk-taking. I know, kind of obvious.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #56
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:

He did things like cover my eyes and say what make/model/color was the car 2 cars back on the right? It makes you hate life but it teaches you to he aware and I'm a much better driver because of it...also very well worded.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #57
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Your "name" is MadMan and your icon is a picture of House. I felt it was a given that you are a drugged out narcissistic lunatic to whom age based genocide would be perfectly reasonable
Just a question - how is "age based genocide" possible?

I guess you are trying to say age-based homicide or murder. Seeing as though Genocide refers to the widespread murder or destruction of a race, religious or ethnic group..

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #58
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Just a question - how is "age based genocide" possible?

I guess you are trying to say age-based homicide or murder. Seeing as though Genocide refers to the widespread murder or destruction of a race, religious or ethnic group..

Thanks for the lesson there....
      09-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #59
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Well, time to bring up this controversially titled thread again.

The car was finally dropped off at the body shop on Monday and they immediately called in the adjuster to amend the claim for more. It turns out my right-rear quarter panel has a buckle, the fuel filler door is damaged, the trunk pan is smashed forward, a few various panels beneath the bumper cover are smashed, my right-rear wheel and tire are damaged and the trunk latch and trunk lid are both damaged. So far they are estimating $6,600 worth of damage. All of this and I am stuck driving a Chevrolet HHR until October 8th when they estimate it will be completed.

Luckily I can claim diminutive value in the state of Georgia so I can reclaim a portion of the value lost with the car due to this accident. We are guessing I will receive about $1,200 from that.
      09-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #60
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Is the HHR that bad? lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:36 AM   #61
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Is the HHR that bad? lol
Do you really have to ask that? It is an ugly gutless wonder that is targeted at the aging baby-boomer crowd.

Oh yeah, it smells like spoiled milk inside because I believe someone decided to spill their cafe latte inside and then throw it out the window while driving. How do I know that you ask? Because it was all down the side of the vehicle too.
      09-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #62
Haagen-Dazs
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Do you really have to ask that? It is an ugly gutless wonder that is targeted at the aging baby-boomer crowd.

Oh yeah, it smells like spoiled milk inside because I believe someone decided to spill their cafe latte inside and then throw it out the window while driving. How do I know that you ask? Because it was all down the side of the vehicle too.
LOOOL! Well, i didn't know it was in such a bad shape. And i've never seen one of those, cause fortunately they haven't brought it to EU
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #63
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
LOOOL! Well, i didn't know it was in such a bad shape. And i've never seen one of those, cause fortunately they haven't brought it to EU
You are the lucky one. I suppose it was better than the Chevrolet Cobalt they originally were going to give me. I tried to get them to hand of the keys for the Ford Fusion but some other guy already had it reserved.
      10-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #64
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Well I got my car back and Monday and get rear-ended again, while stopped at a light waiting to turn. Then after I get out of the car and call him a jacka$$ he starts yelling at me saying that I cannot yell at him for hitting me.

I really, really, really hate Georgia drivers!!!!
      10-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #65
Brian135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 16' M3

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
WTF!!! I would need someone to hold me back, from kicking his ass.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #66
gnat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Wishing for an e30iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Well I got my car back and Monday and get rear-ended again, while stopped at a light waiting to turn.
That sucks. Sorry.

My Jag was like that. Every time I got it back from the body shop, something else happened to it. Between the dealer and the body shop I don't think I had that car in my possession more than maybe a year of the 4 I owned it.
Appreciate 0