BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
weebles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

I came from a 2008 evo x MR, FP green, full bolt ons, all the works. 430whp.

I absolutely love my 135i, the torque feeling in this car is completely different, the ride is a million times smoother and quieter (even with exhaust mods). I don't fear a blown motor everytime I go full throttle and many many more positives.

Absolutely do not regret the trade, this bmw makes me much happier than my evo ever did.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
bhmax
Registered
Rep
Drives: Evo

Researching a bit for my next car. Very interested in a 135i, but haven't had a chance to drive or even sit in one yet. Have had my Evo IX for a bit over a year. Actually pretty happy with it for a daily driver, but not until after reinstalling the stock airbox and a quieter exhaust compared to what the previous owner had. Also now running Bilstein shocks and struts and the ride is very comfortable. All relative I guess in what each person is comfortable with. Looking forward to trying out a 1 sometime.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
Retirement
Registered
Rep
Drives: '11 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebles View Post
I came from a 2008 evo x MR, FP green, full bolt ons, all the works. 430whp.

I absolutely love my 135i, the torque feeling in this car is completely different, the ride is a million times smoother and quieter (even with exhaust mods). I don't fear a blown motor everytime I go full throttle and many many more positives.

Absolutely do not regret the trade, this bmw makes me much happier than my evo ever did.
That is what I'm worried about with my Evo basically. Even though I have Minor modifications, the thought of it happening still worries me. At least with the 135i I can have a semi-warranty if I go with Dinan modifications.

Going to go test drive one this weekend!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
Tweeked SRT4
Resident SRT4 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Dodge SRT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM3 View Post
Tweeked SRT4:
Which subaru dealership did you go to? i've test drove a couple sti's (new and used) in naperville and they were pretty cool about it. Sti was one of the cars on my list but decided on the 135. as far as reliability, it's hard to beat the japanese reliability, but do you think your mod/tune has something to do with your 135 breaking down a lot? just seems like most people having issues with 135s are modded or are running some kind of tune. thinking of getting a tune but a little hesitant after reading from forums.
I've been to Roto in Arlington Heights and Napaleton in Schaumburg. All the problems I've had with the car were before I modded it. I was getting ready to order a JB4 and everything just started to break on me. I had a Footwell module go at 12K miles. I've had a idler pulley break off at 7100 miles in stop and go traffic. I've had issues with my car that probably shouldn't happen until after the first 3 years. Both headlamps have been replaced at 7K miles Hell I've beaten the living piss out of my SRT4 since brand new and has been big turbo since about 47K miles and currently has 71K and still runs like a champ and has great compression.

I'm still having issues with my drivers side window and sunroof not always closing properly, brakes squeal like a freight train and the suspension squeaks in the rear. I address them to Laurel and they say they look at it and still doesn't seem like they fixed the problems. I've also had a misfire happen before I had a tune. Just with all the problems I've had before the tune made me heistant on modding if the car has enough manufacturer problems. haha I've had one misfire issue with the tune installed but other than that the car has been fine actually with the mods. It just sucks I can't get lemon law on the car cause it's not the same issue. It's something different every time.
2013 Subaru STI Sedan in WR Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
HiI'mDustin
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

So i had a 500whp Evo X with an FPred and E85 before my 135i....

135i is a ton more comfortable and the blue tooth and usb drive are some of my favorite things. I will always miss the Evo but I dont think I would go back after this I am now spoiled....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
CGMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe Sport

Mitsu will deny warranty over anything they can. Also no rental car from Mitsu no matter what. Look for the closest Mitsu dealer, at the time I had to take mine in for warranty work, the closest one was 1.5hours away. So I had to take the car there, have them look at it, then drive back home. They called me a week later to say it was approved (after fighting with them over it, they hate warranty work). I had to drive back out there with someone following me, then have them give me a ride home because no rental car. Then the same trip to go get the car. Pain in my ass. Mitsu is struggling to stay afloat. I was tired of being treated like a second rate citizen from a lot of companies, thats why I went to BMW finally. I dont regret getting rid of my Evo everyday except track days. The SAWC is amazing but the 135 is still more fun to drive. ha
Appreciate 0