BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #903
ozinaldo
Colonel

Drives: 1M

FWIW, Evolve is really not as expensive as it once was (or maybe there is a very different price from Evolve Aussie branch). I've paid no more than that I would pay for a Forge unit for instance. If build quality and weight are primary concerns I advise to check the availibility and price directly with Evolve, it might be all sold out even. Otherwise, I agree that ETS seems to be the best bang for the buck.
2012 BMW 1M: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, P3Cars, OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
      04-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #904
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
FWIW, Evolve is really not as expensive as it once was (or maybe there is a very different price from Evolve Aussie branch). I've paid no more than that I would pay for a Forge unit for instance. If build quality and weight are primary concerns I advise to check the availibility and price directly with Evolve, it might be all sold out even. Otherwise, I agree that ETS seems to be the best bang for the buck.
Ok, Evolve direct & local was priced at $2k. Their FMIC just can't offer the effectiveness of a bar & plate design, which is why I suspect they have no data for it.

I personally would never deal with Evolve after my Evolve-R tune experience, but others have had good experiences.

Ian///M is online now   No_Country
      04-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #905
ozinaldo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Ok, Evolve direct & local was priced at $2k. Their FMIC just can't offer the effectiveness of a bar & plate design, which is why I suspect they have no data for it.

I personally would never deal with Evolve after my Evolve-R tune experience, but others have had good experiences.
Ian, this sure is interesting because I have to say that what I paid is very close to HALF of what you say. I also noticed that their package prices (tune plus ic or tune+ic+exhaust) were not the best but their initial group buy prices on individual ítems were really competitive. I bought September/October of last year and still got equal (or almost) of their 2011 year end gb quote.

Can't say too much on effectiveness, especially vs. other types and more so when mated with tunes. BUT it does affect my car in a way that I planned and hoped for: IATs always in check and falls quickly, very noticeable eagerness (after install of ic) at top revs which I can't attribute to anything else. I feel like I can go full throttle non-stop long time if I could on public roads.

Your R cable tune issue is a whole different matter of course. I just purchased 'parts' from Evolve till now, both exhaust and this ic were made by other and reputable manufacturers and I liked everything about those buying processes (price, quality of items, packaging, quickness in transport, transport rates that they managed, also attention to mails and calls). I remember your tune problem with them, would make anyone frustrated.

EDIT: I'll check and PM you about the exact Price of the FMIC that I've paid.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 04-15-2014 at 08:22 PM.
ozinaldo is offline   Chile
      04-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #906
Narek

Drives: AW 1M (MH1 S)

Could you post a pic of the white LED interior lights please? Car looks great!
Narek is offline   United Arab Emirates
      04-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #907
Berra

Drives: ...

Quote:

Would you mind telling why you wouldn´t wanna deal with Evolve again? I did a search and did find a thread where you stated that you were happy with the Stage 1 tune from them, so what happend after that?
      04-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #908
Harlequin
Brigadier General

Drives: ///M Coupé (VO)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narek View Post
Could you post a pic of the white LED interior lights please? Car looks great!
Since I happen to have a pic of mine...

That shot makes them look a little brighter than they are... They are a bit brighter than the stock but look so much cleaner...
      04-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #909
Ian///M
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Since I happen to have a pic of mine...

That shot makes them look a little brighter than they are... They are a bit brighter than the stock but look so much cleaner...
Yes, mine look the same. Cleaner than OE.

Ian///M is online now   No_Country
      04-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #910
Jay-K
Colonel

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Not legal in NSW, but then neither are things like the Akra, Cobb, camber plates etc etc

Porsche sell spacers as a factory OE option though, so???
seriously i think aussie has a very strict regulations towards us...
SLS AMG LeMans Red 12' - HRE, Quicksilver, BMC
R56 Mini Cooper S 12' - JCW, Akra, NM eng
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia