BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Experiences with Monaco Blue?

I'm still struggling between SGM and Monaco Blue - I was wondering if anyone had any experience with how easy the MB gets dirty, and/or if it looks as great as it does in the showroom after a few winters.

Opinions on SGM are also welcome but people seem to discuss that color a lot more than MB...Gonna put the order in tomorrow but still can't decide...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
alter ego
Rep
Drives:

I have Monaco Blue now on my 335..... never again. It doesn't look as good as a clean black car when its clean and looks like hell when its dirty!!! It turns dark brown/blue, not good!! On top of that it hides all of the lines of the car. I had a jet black before this car and it was just as hard to keep clean but looked better. I thought I would try this color since its a short lease but Space Gray looks a lot better long term.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Big thanks for the heads up - I am not one to be washing the car every week, so there goes Monaco from my list...
Appreciate 0