BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
alivebacon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

"Flappy" sub

I was driving on the freeway listening to Tool pretty darn loud (windows were down, was above the wind noise) and I start hearing something wrong.

It sounds as if my Subs are "flappy." Like the material that covers it is too loose. I'm trying my best to describe the sound. The bass hits are not clean, its rubbery almost. I hope you guys get what I'm trying to say.

Well, I check my audio settings, and my sister had driven my car the previous day. She turned up the Bass to 10 (I usually leave it at 3). Yeah. Maybe its my fault for blasting music, maybe its hers. It doesn't really matter now.

I need help though. What do I do? I've been testing it out and at high volumes this "fwap flap" is not going away. Where can I get this fixed? How do I check whats up? Somebody help please, its annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

It should be under warranty, should it not? Have the subs replaced.
Appreciate 0