BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
oneaabe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Beware of Brecht BMW (San Diego)

FYI:

Yesterday I went to Brecht BMW to test drive the 1ers. A couple of things that I was pissed off about:
1. They are "forcing" the customer to buy a LoJack (for almost 1K$) and some "paint and interior protection" (for about 700$). So this is their way of "marking up" the prices. The salesman also had the audacity to tell me that they WONT sell the car to you if you don't agree to take those add-ons (and pay for them ofcourse, those wont be free)

2. I am anyways planing to visit Europe in July/Aug. So naturally, I want to take Euro Delivery - save money AND have the thrill of driving on the Autobahns. Well, again, Brecht BMW is NOT doing ED. The salesman tells me that "we wont be doing ED on these cars for 2-3 years".

Ya, right

BTW, anyone have good/bad experiences with BMW Encinitas? They seem willing to do ED and dont seem to have markups/add-ons.

Another Q: which SoCal dealer would you recommend? I don't mind dealing with someone in LA/OC too, though some dealer in SD is preferred.
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
e49er81
Private
Rep
Drives:

i also went to brecht and i walked out once they told me of these markups. Who the hell needs lojack in San Diego!?!? im picking up my car tomorrow at encinitas, Hugh Stewart helped me out. Good experience and i got exactly what i wanted.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
oneaabe
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for your quick reply e49er81 !
If you don't mind, could you tell me more details about the deal you got at BMW Encinitas? How did you spec out your car? How did you finance/lease it? You could PM me in case you don't want to discuss this publicly.
Thanks again !

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
tijuana_joe
Private
Rep
Drives:

I just recieved my car from BMW of San Diego. Mike Arsouni did my deal. Great guy to deal with absolutly no hassel sold me for MSRP. They are willing to do ED but in 2 or 3 months from now. Also BMW of SD did not make take lojack or the paint protection. I've recommended my brother and a cousin with Mike real nice guy. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
oneaabe
Private First Class
Rep

thanks for the reply TJ ! BMW SD is the next dealership I plan to check out
Appreciate 0