BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Audi A8L

Introduction: New 1M owner in SoCal, my first BMW.

Hello 1addicts! I just picked up a VO 1 Series M Coupe on Thursday after a couple of months of waiting. The 1M is my first BMW... among many other cars, I come from mostly a VW background, namely the VW R32. While waiting for the upcoming VW Golf R, an opportunity to purchase the 1M has me checking out my first bimmer... and so far I love it. Formerly very active on VWVortex and my own website dedicated to the R32 (RDEFINED.COM)... I plan on this being my new home for all things 1M! I organize the VW R32 version of "MFEST" called "FASTIVUS"... a motorsports event sponsored by VW of America and I hope to meet some of you SoCal 1M owners at track events and special BMW events.

I purchased my car from Center BMW and I just want to give them a shout-out as they were excellent to deal with. They had an allocation on order, this fully-loaded Valencia Orange 1M and I was able to secure the car for MSRP, less $1000 from the "Drive for Team USA" event they invited me to. Raul Hagen, the sales manager, kept me informed throughout the entire process and kept his word on selling the car to me despite the huge increase in demand and attention the 1M received shortly after my order was confirmed. Trust me, I realize how fortunate I am to own this car, especially in SoCal at the price I received.

No major modding planned for this car... just a GIAC ECU flash and a set of track wheels with a set of Toyo R888s.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say and introduce myself... looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Last edited by nebby; 09-17-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Congrats, picked my 135i at Center as well. My sales person told me before the 1M was big and all that they sold their first allocation for $500 over invoice since they didn't know to much about the 1M.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Congrats, picked my 135i at Center as well. My sales person told me before the 1M was big and all that they sold their first allocation for $500 over invoice since they didn't know to much about the 1M.
They're only getting two... and this is their first allocation, one more fully loaded VO coming in several weeks later.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

Congrats and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Audi TTS, '17 500 Abarth

Hey Nebby! Welcome to 1Addicts!

I am a Vortex member, and a former 337 and R32 owner as well. My VO 1M should be here at the end of this month or begining of October. I cant wait!

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebby View Post
They're only getting two... and this is their first allocation, one more fully loaded VO coming in several weeks later.
Not sure, I bought mine in April just when people were submitting 1M orders and my sales person showed me the order in the system and told me the manager had let it go for $500 over invoice since he didn't know what it was.

You should come out to some of the 818 meets, next one should be posted up soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Hello 1addicts! I just picked up a VO 1 Series M Coupe on Thursday after a couple of months of waiting. The 1M is my first BMW... among many other cars, I come from mostly a VW background, namely the VW R32. While waiting for the upcoming VW Golf R, an opportunity to purchase the 1M has me checking out my first bimmer... and so far I love it. Formerly very active on VWVortex and my own website dedicated to the R32 (RDEFINED.COM)... I plan on this being my new home for all things 1M! I organize the VW R32 version of "MFEST" called "FASTIVUS"... a motorsports event sponsored by VW of America and I hope to meet some of you SoCal 1M owners at track events and special BMW events.

I purchased my car from Center BMW and I just want to give them a shout-out as they were excellent to deal with. They had an allocation on order, this fully-loaded Valencia Orange 1M and I was able to secure the car for MSRP, less $1000 from the "Drive for Team USA" event they invited me to. Raul Hagen, the sales manager, kept me informed throughout the entire process and kept his word on selling the car to me despite the huge increase in demand and attention the 1M received shortly after my order was confirmed. Trust me, I realize how fortunate I am to own this car, especially in SoCal at the price I received.

No major modding planned for this car... just a GIAC ECU flash and a set of track wheels with a set of Toyo R888s.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say and introduce myself... looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Great pix of VO!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Great pix of VO!
Thanks... I love taking pics... drove to take some and realized my DSLR had no memory card inside... so these were just taken by my iPhone. Better pics to come, I promise!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Great pix of VO!
Thanks... I love taking pics... drove to take some and realized my DSLR had no memory card inside... so these were just taken by my iPhone. Better pics to come, I promise!
Welcome. You really like the emoticons! lol
      09-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #10
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Welcome. You really like the emoticons! lol

Heh... yeah, so I'm really loving the car so far. I purchased it without ever even test driving a 1 Series anything... but knew that it would be a special car.

So since the break-in period is rather slow-going... I've been immersing myself in the "amenities" that the car came with. I originally thought I wanted a AW stripped 1M but I'm so glad that I ended up with a VO fully-loaded model. Just love the BMW Apps, large screen and tech in the car.

Here are some photos...

BMW Apps with Facebook + Twitter

Calendar integration with iPhone

Pandora integration

iPhone/iPod music integration

Satellite images overlayed with Navigation

Internet radio from stations worldwide

Last edited by nebby; 09-17-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Damn....Pandora. Don't get that in Canada yet.

Big fan of BMW Apps. Hopefully email integration will be next!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
jamaican_tuner
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW R32

Quote:

I'll keep an eye out for the KW V3 install.
And the exhaust to get full potential of the GIAC tune.
If your running R comps then supporting carbotechs are a necessity.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
ethanh8791
Supreme Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: crazy

Garage List
2007 VW GTI  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Hey Nebby....cg on the car. Curious to hear about how you like the GIAC tune.
Appreciate 0