Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Replacing the Seat Belts?

Hey all,

Still searching and waiting for a 1M allocation ...

Anyway, a buddy of mine is in the Porche market and showed me this car: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=97650 Scrolling through, I noticed the seat belts are color matched with the stitching on the leather and that got me thinking...

How awesome would it be if the seat belts in the 1M were matched to the stitching and for those that have the VO, the exterior of the car as well?! I think totally awesome and hopefully I find a VO somewhere.

Anyone have any experience replacing the seat belts? Know of a good dealer for custom color seat belts?

-Andrew
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Also think this would look great. Anyone have ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

I do not have an answer but I would be interested in this.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

I had thought of this idea over two months ago, I have a VO 1M and want to do the belts in orange. I came across one site that does seat belts, but the problem is going to be when you remove the belt and assembly from the car and have to re-assemble with the new belt. I was told by two shops that they didn't want to get involved with that due to it being a huge safety issue.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post
I had thought of this idea over two months ago, I have a VO 1M and want to do the belts in orange. I came across one site that does seat belts, but the problem is going to be when you remove the belt and assembly from the car and have to re-assemble with the new belt. I was told by two shops that they didn't want to get involved with that due to it being a huge safety issue.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone managed to replace the seat-belts in their 1M ? I saw the pics of the Hamman 1M (bit garish!) and I like the idea if seat belts to match the VO stitching...

Definitely would not want to risk safety issues, wonder if it is possible to have the job done by a BMW dealer [question if that does give more confidence re safety?] ?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone managed to replace the seat-belts in their 1M ? I saw the pics of the Hamman 1M (bit garish!) and I like the idea if seat belts to match the VO stitching...

Definitely would not want to risk safety issues, wonder if it is possible to have the job done by a BMW dealer [question if that does give more confidence re safety?] ?
Glad that this has resurfaced as i really, really want to do this. There must be someone out there that can help us
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Glad that this has resurfaced as i really, really want to do this. There must be someone out there that can help us
I will ask the service dept at my local/trusted stealer...
Appreciate 0