BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #177
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Maybe not by accident Sina and I did it a week ago at around midnight on Friday night. Certainly was hairy in the ewt & dark with a fair bit of mist covering the road.

It was very eerie, but pretty nice at the same time. It is a glorious run, i just wasn't too confident as i don't know it like Akuna or Bobbin Head and at night in the wet it's a little tricky Would have been awesome today!
I swear Sina wasn't in the lead for the run..but it was awesome nonetheless, great find!

Today was a good way of putting names to faces. I should probably also mention that I confused myself for a split second as I stood in front of Sprey's SGM 135i and tried to unlock it. Whoops

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #178
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Today was a good way of putting names to faces. I should probably also mention that I confused myself for a split second as I stood in front of Sprey's SGM 135i and tried to unlock it. Whoops
"This isn't where i parked my car?"
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #179
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
I swear Sina wasn't in the lead for the run..but it was awesome nonetheless, great find!

haha that's nothing compared to me jumping into his car, putting my key in and trying to raise the sunroof!! was wondering why it wasn't working...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #180
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Maybe not by accident Sina and I did it a week ago at around midnight on Friday night. Certainly was hairy in the ewt & dark with a fair bit of mist covering the road.

It was very eerie, but pretty nice at the same time. It is a glorious run, i just wasn't too confident as i don't know it like Akuna or Bobbin Head and at night in the wet it's a little tricky Would have been awesome today!
Practice makes perfect, aye mate! We're definitely going back there Alex.

Quote:
Bob has had a few more runs on that stretch of road in the past..

Thanks again Bob!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #181
BMWnewby3
Rep
Drives: BMW 123D

Wow guys, sounds like you all had a great drive!! Shame I missed out.. But I'll be there next time

Great photos by the way!!! I was awestruck by all the beautiful cars you all got there...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #182
Evanesce
Total Amateur
Australia
Rep
Drives: VW Golf GTI

Hi there,

I was Typhoon187's passenger (Vinishia) - it was brilliant meeting you all. What a phenomenal bunch of drivers, I'm still trying to work out where you guys vanished to. One second we are right behind Sprey, and then we go around a bend and all the cars in front of us are *GONE*. Next bend, still no sign of you guys, etc etc etc. Then a few minutes later find you guys on the side of the road all lounging against your cars with a cup of coffee waiting for the back end to catch up.

Do you all have a little Nitrous switch hidden somewhere?

I am trying really hard to post some pics, nowhere near as good as some of those shots already posted, ie Elvis hanging out the side of Sina's car at well over 100 k's taking photos, and Jonathan getting down and dirty in some mud to get that awesome puddle shot.

I just can't seem to upload.

Here's where they are supposed to go http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...30#post7411030

Sorry, still getting used to this forum.

Appreciate a little help?!

Cheers

V
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 12:44 AM   #183
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanesce View Post
I was Typhoon187's passenger (Vinishia) - it was brilliant meeting you all. What a phenomenal bunch of drivers, I'm still trying to work out where you guys vanished to. One second we are right behind Sprey, and then we go around a bend and all the cars in front of us are *GONE*. Next bend, still no sign of you guys, etc etc etc. Then a few minutes later find you guys on the side of the road all lounging against your cars with a cup of coffee waiting for the back end to catch up.

Was great to have you along! it was obvious you had as much fun as we did

galston gorge is pretty scary the first time you run it, so it's just a matter of practice hehe. the pace at the end with the bikes was much faster and you guys were able to keep up easily so getting used to the car was a factor too

look forward to seeing you both at the next meet
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #184
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi there,

I am trying really hard to post some pics, nowhere near as good as some of those shots already posted, ie Elvis hanging out the side of Sina's car at well over 100 k's taking photos, and Jonathan getting down and dirty in some mud to get that awesome puddle shot.

I just can't seem to upload.

Here's where they are supposed to go http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...30#post7411030

Sorry, still getting used to this forum.

Appreciate a little help?!

Cheers

V
Nice to meet you Vinishia, we had quite an awesome drive. Bob definitely has nitrous with his JB3 tune and 400 horses.

Don't sweat it I was sooooo far behind on my first Friday Night Cruise organised by Alex... the car's amazingly forgiving once you get used to it.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #185
Gnatty
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '98 P38 Range Rover

Few more pics..http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7411727

Quote:
...I am trying really hard to post some pics, nowhere near as good as some of those shots already posted, ie Elvis hanging out the side of Sina's car at well over 100 k's taking photos, and Jonathan getting down and dirty in some mud to get that awesome puddle shot.

I just can't seem to upload....
You first need to upload them to a photo sharing site (I use Flickr... Imageshack and Photobucket are alternatives). Then you need to grab the URL of the image (of the .jpg - the site should automatically generate them for you), and then put them here within [img ][/ img] tags (without the space inside)
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #186
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

loooks like u guys had lots of fun out there... hope next time i can join u guys =)
      06-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #187
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Woohoo! Assignments nearly finished... more pics coming up soon!

ps: I lol'd @ a lot of the comments on here...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #188
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

LKS like a good day had by all despite the weather warnings..

What was the final number of 1ers?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 02:43 AM   #189
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
LKS like a good day had by all despite the weather warnings..

What was the final number of 1ers?
Looks like there needs to be some 'vert representation next time Those who showed:

- Jeef Beef - SGM 135i Coupe
- 2bob - AW 135i Coupe
- chylld - SGM 125i Coupe
- Sprey - SGM 135i Coupe
- typhoon187 - TiAg 135i Coupe
- woosh - SGM 130i
- graphite87 - Graph 130i
- BM130 - SGM 130i

Too many chickened out due to the weather...which turned out to be a combination of sunshine and light autumn breezes

Appreciate 0