BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
thepriceisright
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Remove Armor All from Dash

Took my brand new car to the car wash today and they put Armor All all over the dash, got some of the plastic trim bits too, but didn't get all the edges so the dash just as shiny smears over most but not all of it.

Any suggestions on how to remove this crap so it looks like the door panels again? Is the dash going to be forever a different tone/luster than the doors?

So pissed off....
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepriceisright View Post
Took my brand new car to the car wash today and they put Armor All all over the dash, got some of the plastic trim bits too, but didn't get all the edges so the dash just as shiny smears over most but not all of it.

Any suggestions on how to remove this crap so it looks like the door panels again? Is the dash going to be forever a different tone/luster than the doors?

So pissed off....
Sorry to hear it, that stuff used at most car places is terrible. I generally use the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover to clean my interior and it removes oily build ups like these dressings. If it was really bad I might even use the citrus based degreaser P21S Total Auto Wash. These cleaners are safe on most interior trim and they don't leave a greasy residue behind.

If you want some protection but no gloss or oily feeling left behind I'd highly recommend the Optimum Protectant Plus (Leather Protectant) or the Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium. Both options are outstanding and we're offering 20% off through 6/21 with the code SUMMER2012. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
thepriceisright
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the advice! I'll pick up some 303 today. As long as the dash matches the doors again I'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@DetailedImage View Post
Sorry to hear it, that stuff used at most car places is terrible. I generally use the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover to clean my interior and it removes oily build ups like these dressings. If it was really bad I might even use the citrus based degreaser P21S Total Auto Wash. These cleaners are safe on most interior trim and they don't leave a greasy residue behind.

If you want some protection but no gloss or oily feeling left behind I'd highly recommend the Optimum Protectant Plus (Leather Protectant) or the Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium. Both options are outstanding and we're offering 20% off through 6/21 with the code SUMMER2012. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
I am thinking about getting some of the 1Z cockpit. Would that be safe to use on leatherette as well?

SOLD:
2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
1986 535i | Cirrus Blue Metallic | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
thepriceisright
Private First Class
Rep

Local auto parts place didn't have 303, so will probably order from you.

Got a damp microfiber towel and most of it came off. Still has a bit of luster and it's slightly darker but it'll wear off.
Appreciate 0