BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #23
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJDrew View Post
Please note the controversy regarding how long one should wait to wax or polish a newly painted car.

I play it safe and wait 4-8 weeks from production date before applying any polish or wax products.

Manufacturers wil tell you that the processes now make the curing time rapid and no need to wait, but I play it safe. Manufacturers also tell us that you need to wait thousands of miles before the first oil change.

+1 i agree with you about waiting 4-8 weeks from production date before any polsih or even buffer the paint is still new and fresh
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #24
faulkds
COS I CAN
Rep
Drives:

Ask yourself one simple thing, where do the Paint shops and Garages buy there products from?

Forget all that stuff you see on the shopping channel etc.

Guy lights a fire on his bonnet etc.... Uses some wax - lol

Go to your local paint dealers. I buy all my polish from the wholesaler who suppliers the trade.

Some fine cutting polish will do the job and then apply the wax.

http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/catalo...oducts_id=2735

http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/catalo...oducts_id=1058

No need for a buffer etc....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #25
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Oh yeah be careful not to put too much pressure when using the car duster. You're basically wiping dust off of a dry car remember.

If the car is totally clean otherwise but just dusty, just spray it off with the hose and dry with a waffle weave microfiber.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #26
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da _Grk_Tuner View Post
you will always have swirls when washing your car with a mitt or any kind product.. even though the mitt is the best way to go.. but its also the type of mitt you use i use the 1 from bmw thats made by Genuine Sheepswool Wash Mitt dont get your mitt from other auto car stores PLEASE
Treat your car to the complete Zaino package. If it has swirl damage, use the Zaino Swirl and Scratch remover first. Then Z5, Z2 and CS. The more treatments, the better the result. I did my Jet Black in early May.

What happens now, is there is a protective coat on the paint that will protect it from swirls. I wash it every other day with a Simoniz brand microfiber mitt, and Simoniz Carnuba Gel car wash. I don't need to use much pressure on the mitt, as the Zaino makes the car so slippery the dust and anything else (bird droppings, tar etc) wipe right off. A quick rinse, then a dry off with a 100% cotton towel.

I have been doing this 4-5 times a week for three months now. Not a swirl mark to be seen. I repeat, order a Zaino kit now, don't procastinate. Just do it. Zaino is also very easy to apply, allow about 20 minutes per treatment - and an hour of drying time for each. So to do a complete treatment - book a Sunday off and JUST DO IT!

This picture is what it looked like just after a 'Zaino Sunday'
Attached Images

Appreciate 0