BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
grunyon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Installing M3 LCA... need advice

Hey guys. This most recent snow I slid my front passenger wheel into a curb, causing damage to the tie rod ends and lower control arms on that side.

It's at a shop right now and instead of buying the BMW lower control arms I decided to buy this kit:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135...Arm/ES2586480/

My question is... what do I tell him when it's time for an alignment? Can I have him just install the broken side, do an alignment, and then install the other side by myself?

It's a performance-friendly shop. I was just wondering if I should change to a sportier alignment while I have the chance, and if I need to have both sides installed before he can do the alignment.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

You need to have both sides in before you do the alignment....

The install on the other side should only add 30 minutes max to the total time it takes to install them. I did them in my drive way in about an hour...that includes jacking up the car and taking off the wheels.
      02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
grunyon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

You're right. I did a lot of research and it turns out that adjusting camber will also change the toe, resulting in the car needing to be aligned again.

There are lots of threads recommending changes to stock alignment specs, so I
ll check those
Appreciate 0