BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

Took my rear bumper off

My wife hit the rear bumper of our 135 with a trolly while shopping the other week(have to say she is quite careful normally,but she was on an incline and the wind came up and pushed it into the back)

I got a panel guy i know to repair and paint the entire bumper,but did not want to leave the car in the shop for a few days so i thought i would try taking off the bumper myself as this is what they were going to do anyway.

The bumper came back great and i got the rear diffuser painted at the same time in case i dont like the carbon one i have coming.

Looked on the US forum and someone had done it so i followed the instructions.

It was fairly easy,just alot of srews and you have to take out the tail lights and unplug and mark the rear sensors if you have them,then the bumper slides off.I found it easier to jack the car up a little too.

I took a few photos,thought i would show them in case someone else might need to do it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0